Best Aerobic Exercise

Options
Hello all

In your opinions, what is the best aerobic exercise for fat burn?

Katie

Replies

• cunniff1955
    Options
    I would recommend a Body Attack class
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    HIIT.
    High impact interval training.
  • KD12321KD
    KD12321KD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    HIIT.

I am quite possibly wrong, but wasn't it HIIT that gave Andrew Marr a stroke?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    HIIT.

I am quite possibly wrong, but wasn't it HIIT that gave Andrew Marr a stroke?

Andrew Marr had a stroke. Andrew Marr did HIIT. Correlation =/= causation

That first I is intensity, not impact. You can do intervals without any impact (i.e. kettlebell snatches, goblet squats, spin bike intervals, etc.....)
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Cross country skiing is best. Running is 2d.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    From what I've read and seen, jump rope is supposed to be pretty intense.

HIIT can do some damage if not done correctly. I've seen so many people tip over (pass out) on the treadmill because they sprint and "jump off" rather than controlling their speed back down to walking/jogging.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You can get the highest calorie burn in the shortest amount of time by running or HIIT. But honestly the best aerobic exercise is whatever you will do consistently. Do what you enjoy and do it often, whether it's swimming, spinning/biking, Zumba, kickboxing, etc.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    HIIT can do some damage if not done correctly. I've seen so many people tip over (pass out) on the treadmill because they sprint and "jump off" rather than controlling their speed back down to walking/jogging.

That's the tabata method of HIIT. It's 20 seconds of "ultra-intense" exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest (completely stopping).
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

That's the tabata method of HIIT. It's 20 seconds of "ultra-intense" exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest (completely stopping).

They aren't doing tabata. They choose not to control their speed down to walking/jogging.

Either way, can do some damage.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Running

Jump Rope

HIIT
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    But honestly the best aerobic exercise is whatever you will do consistently. Do what you enjoy and do it often,

This. Consistency = results.