Heart rate monitor

Options
CLL1001
CLL1001 Posts: 40 Member
Can anyone recommend a heart rate monitor with calories burned?

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is a great choice.
  • MsLadytray
    MsLadytray Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline w/chest strap I got it Wal mart for like 69.99
  • juicednjuicy7
    juicednjuicy7 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    definitely! I just purchased mine yesterday from Best Buy! very good product for a beginner and learning to challenge your self! I paid 89.95 but I got a protection plan incase anything happens to it! one of my fitness friends rec and its a really good choice!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60

BTW all heart rate monitors show calories burned.
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have a Kelly Homes HRM, and for the price i paid for it £19.95, its brilliant. Eventually want to up to a Polar, but for the time being this is doing the job nicely.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    BUMP
  • grumpster72
    grumpster72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased a Polar FT7 from Amazon $67.00. I purchased it over the FT7, which is $58.00, because it can store the last 99 workouts (the FT4 only holds about 10). And if you workout with a machine that has a polar label on it, it will automatically read your heart rate. NOTE: If you buy the FT7 from Amazon, check your cart to see if your purchasing a men's or women's once you choose your color.
  • pkingfox
    pkingfox Posts: 25
    Options
    Great question....I am looking for one myself....any ideas on a good one which doesn't involve the strap????
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just bought one - really depends on what features and functions you want and will grow into in the near future ... I bought a Polar FT7 and its meeting my needs - but they are my needs, not yours or anyone else's .. worth doing some research and thinking through what YOU need....
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Great question....I am looking for one myself....any ideas on a good one which doesn't involve the strap????

Good ones use straps.
  • kellygeorge8182
    kellygeorge8182 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HRMs without the strap are so inaccurate that they're worthless. if you want actual numbers, the strap is necessary.
  • grumpster72
    grumpster72 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read, the ones that do not use a strap are inaccurate.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I thought I would try one without a strap and it was HORRIBLE! There have been many with input stating that the HRM's with the chest strap are the way to go. I returned it the day after I got it. I started with a Polar FT7 (before the one without the strap) but am now using a Polar FT4. I really like it!
  • ryandaming
    ryandaming Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Scosche Rhythm + DIgifit iPhone App!
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4.
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the Polar FT7 for women and I love it! It has the chest strap, but you don't really notice it's there and the watch itself is very easy to program with your statistics. I also love that it keeps 52 weeks worth of exercise logs, so you can always go back to see what you had burned in the past.
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just bought one - really depends on what features and functions you want and will grow into in the near future ... I bought a Polar FT7 and its meeting my needs - but they are my needs, not yours or anyone else's .. worth doing some research and thinking through what YOU need....

Donna, I am waiting for my ft7 to arrive ! maybe I will need your help setting it up. I am a bit of a dinosaure with tech! have a nice day !:bigsmile:
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Polar FT60

BTW all heart rate monitors show calories burned.

Not true. I have an HRM watch without the strap that doesn't show calories burned, just checks heart rate. It is one of the reasons why I got a Polar FT7.

To OP: I recommend Polar. Go on their website and do a product comparison to determine which one is suitable for your needs.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar ft40 on Amazon. The reviews were great and I can't wait to see what I actually burn with way more accuracy. I work HARD when I wog LOL
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 which is very good. I've lost it though so might have to buy a new one -.-