sodium

Options
I was just wondering what would be my daily sodium intake for the day if iam at 1200 calories a day???

Replies

• onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    MFP should tell u that right? Umm...but question? Y are u only eating 1200 cals a day girl? I'm guessing around 1500 though. But I'm basing that off my sodium intake which is 2 something. My daily caloric intake is at 1500 actually a lil' over but I never get that especially with the exercise. But yeah...hope that helps. =D
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Umm! it all depends on what you are eating? If you add sodium to your list it will keep track of it.

151232.png
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what your cals are.. Sodium shouldn't exceed 2500 mg.. It doesn't go up when you exercise or anything.. It shouldn't exceed 2500 mg.. I just started watching my sodium and it has been a real eye opener:noway: If you are having a "salty" day drink much more water than your typical 8 glasses.. this will help flush some sodium out.. Good luck!

love and light. xo
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    As someone else said you can add it to your calculator on here! It has been a HUGE eye opener for me! I have only been under my daily intake ONCE! since joining!!! Its really helped me realize how much is in certain foods!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    I agree with **** post, in addition "The American Heart Association recommends that you choose and prepare foods with little or no salt to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Aim to eat less than 1,500 mg of sodium per day."
    The Link: http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4708

But it also states "Healthy American adults should eat less than 2,400 milligrams of sodium a day. This is about 1 teaspoon of sodium chloride (salt)"

Hope this Helps!
    It doesn't matter what your cals are.. Sodium shouldn't exceed 2500 mg.. It doesn't go up when you exercise or anything.. It shouldn't exceed 2500 mg.. I just started watching my sodium and it has been a real eye opener:noway: If you are having a "salty" day drink much more water than your typical 8 glasses.. this will help flush some sodium out.. Good luck!

love and light. xo
  • marlo6912
    marlo6912 Posts: 9
    Options
    As someone else said you can add it to your calculator on here! It has been a HUGE eye opener for me! I have only been under my daily intake ONCE! since joining!!! Its really helped me realize how much is in certain foods!

how doo i set it up on here?...i want to keep track of it cuz i know some days I swell more than others..
  • marlo6912
    marlo6912 Posts: 9
    Options
    MFP should tell u that right? Umm...but question? Y are u only eating 1200 cals a day girl? I'm guessing around 1500 though. But I'm basing that off my sodium intake which is 2 something. My daily caloric intake is at 1500 actually a lil' over but I never get that especially with the exercise. But yeah...hope that helps. =D

1200 calories a day because I just had a bby almost 4 weeks ago and i need to get this weight of quick but safe so iam still eating and i dont want to starve myself to then gain the weight back faster...
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options

how doo i set it up on here?...i want to keep track of it cuz i know some days I swell more than others..

Go to MY HOME at the top, then into my settings, then into Diary settings, you can add it on there!!!