How long did it take you to lose 50lbs???

Options
124»

Replies

• Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months to lose 50 pounds. I started January 1st and I had wanted to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday, which is near the end of April. I had surpassed that and think I was at the 50 pound mark by then. I changed EVERYTHING drastically and exercised 5 days per week. I currently have about 87 pounds off, after 2 years.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    8ish months to lose 47lbs, the last 7lbs coming off after I transitioned into maintenance, in March. No exercise while actively losing weight.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 1/2 months, but it took my the first 5 months to lose 25 lbs. The only consistent exercise I did for those 5 months was 2-3 walks a week. Starting in January, I did Hip Hop Abs, 30 Day Shred, Fluidity, and made sure to go for walks 3-4 times a week. I lost the other 25 lbs in 2 1/2 months. I'm almost at my 10 month mark and am down 70.
  • angelgayla
    angelgayla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5 1/2 Months to lose the first 50, an average of 2.7 pounds a week. Now I'm 9 months into losing the next 50 (only 6 more to go!). I sort of stalled out during the holiday season. Not gaining, but not losing either. My average is more like 1 1/5 pounds a week now. Walking and various workout DVDs for exercise.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Took me 5 months to lose the first 50 pounds and then things slowed down. Took off a total of 80 so far.
    Only consistent exercise I did was 2 walks daily. Now I use weights, walk and ride my bike.
  • iTorr3s
    iTorr3s Posts: 13
    Options
    Just curious i guess as to how long it took you all to lose 50lbs?? and what exercise you did to get there, if any :smile:

It took me 4 months to lose 50 on Weight Watchers.
  • jess_erin
    jess_erin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bump!