Need encouragement

VeniMachine
VeniMachine Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
This may be too soon, but I'm gettin a little bit discouraged. Today was the first say in three weeks of INSANITY (program) that i woke up and just didn't wanna work out. ive gained a pound and maybe lost an inch on my waist. Sometimes I feel like I'm never gonna get that nice body back no matter how hard I push myself through these workouts. I've also been following atleast 90% of the nutrition plan (sometimes i gotta substitute when groceries are low). Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm expecting results too soon and thats a no-no. I guess I just need encouragement so things don't start to feel so hopeless.

Replies

• peart47
    peart47 Posts: 25 Member
    Congratulations on losing an inch!!!!! You are on the right track. Sometimes it just takes a little while for your body to adjust to the new things you are doing to it. The pound probably is the new muscle you sweated your butt off to get. Don't worry, you are doing great. Keep up the good work, keep working out and eating right and you'll continue to see results. :smile:
  • mollymoo89
    mollymoo89 Posts: 202
    Congrats on loosing the inch AND doing insanity!! Don't focus too much on the pound, weight fluctuates throughout the day. I've been stuck with the same number on the scale for a while but I'm not gonna let that get me down. I just got back from an awesome run and pushed myself hard! When you feel like not working out, thats when you need it the most. Go ahead and put on your workout clothes, that way your more likely to work out and wont regret it!! Keep your head up!
  • chronosfire
    chronosfire Posts: 52
    Kudos to you for doing Insanity- I don't think I ever could. Just you wait, you're doing awesome! That's one inch less than before right? Even though it only seems like a small victory, it is a victory none the less. You're doing awesome!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Congrats on the inch! The pound could be from water. If your muscles have been sore from the workout then your body will hold onto water to repair the muscles. I would be looking more at how your clothes feel and how you are losing the inches rather than the weight. I know it is nice to see the scale down but for me it is nicer for the loss in inches.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    An inch in 3 weeks! :noway: Fantastic, Keep it up! It has taken me 5 months to lose 3 inches off my waist!
This discussion has been closed.