low impact cardio for rainy days

I'm new to mfp but am hoping this helps me focus so I can shed this extra weight. I need an indoor cardio workout that is low impact (I have a neck/shoulder injury) to do inside for days like the next 3 when it rains. I have 3 little girls, one of which is only a year & a half old so I can't just go walk in the rain. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :happy:

Replies

• Depending on how dedicated you are, living in an area that rains alot or just preferring to exercise in the house with your children, something like a recumbent exercise bike would not put strain on your neck or shoulder. You can get them for not too expensive second hand or rent them.
  • Quietborderline
    Quietborderline Posts: 12 Member
    I have been using Leslie Sansone's "Walk at Home" videos and so far I really enjoy them. They're quite low impact, and also you can customize the moves to fit your injury if need be, though I really don't think there is much in her programs that will effect neck/shoulder (just leave out the arms?). But I am certainly no expert...

She has several different programs/levels of activity. They are available on YouTube. I usually do her 2 mile walk, which is a 30 minute video. But she has a 15 minute 1 mile, and also a 3 mile, 5 mile, and so on.

Here is the 2 Mile that I use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgB_cqDiXs

...but like I said she has TONS of videos on YouTube.

Hope this helps! I have two girls, 5 and 3, so getting out to walk/go to the gym/etc is not always that easy, rain or no rain. That's why I do the "At Home" programs. I happen to like Leslie, but there are tons of other similar programs too. YouTube is your friend!! I am sure you will find something that will work for you. =) Good luck!

EDIT: Also I am adding you as a friend, because we are the same age and both have little girls, are fairly new to MFP (I have only been here 10 days) and using it to help us focus! I won't be offended if you don't accept, though, so don't worry. =)