Favorite cook out recipes

Options
pamperedlinny
pamperedlinny Posts: 1,558 Member
OK everyone!!! It's just about summer time and we all know that means getting out the grill and firing it up. So.... I'm looking to mix it up this year. What are your favorite cook out foods & recipes? Whether it's for the grill, a side or salad you like to make ahead or some condiment you put on your burgers. Tell me all the best things to try this year! :drinker:

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    BUMP
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Does no one grill out anymore???
  • waterfaeriegirl
    Options
    A big portabello cap, marinate in the same stuff you marinate you meat in (just us a different bag). Pop on the grill. Add sauerkraut. Mmmm.
    Or just a good burger, with good beef, chopped garlic and jalapenos mixed in with seasoning, grilled and eaten with a fork/no bun (The bun distracts from the deliciousness). Cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Tri-tip, sliced thin and marinated in soy sauce, raw honey, and fresh ginger, then skewered and grilled. The side was grape tomatoes, red/green/yellow bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, yellow onion, mushrooms, and sweet potatoes. They were marinated in a bit of sesame oil, rice vinegar, water, and mojito lime seasoning, then grilled in a basket.

I made a ton and have been eating it for lunch the last few days :)
  • meredithgainey
    meredithgainey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to grill bump!!
  • aprileko71
    aprileko71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Grilled pineapple slices is a good dessert. :)
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    aside from normal barbeque chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and ribs.. Buffalo hot dogs and buffalo burgers are SO good. it sounds weird but there awesome.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Peanutbutterx Posts: 332
    Options
    and chicken/steak skewers with green peppers and onion wedges are realllllyy good. also corn on the grill : )
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Yum! These sound good so far. :love:
  • Yukatakaytee
    Yukatakaytee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Definitely grilled pineapple, but with honey drizzled on it and cinnamon!

We generally just do the old steak with sauce and ribs, but my husband makes this awesome veggie mix:

he puts in his favourites veggies:

-onions
    -garlic
    -bellpeppers
    -mushrooms
    -masala spices (this is the key to your flavour. We seriously put it everywhere, especially in our scrambled eggs!
    -salt & pepper
    -granola oil
    -soy sauce (just a little)
    - Jack Daniels or beer
    -maple syrup but you can use honey or raw sugar

mix everything but the veggies, put in an aluminum pan, put the veggies in, mix so they are slathered with the sauce. Cover with aluminum foil, put in the BBQ 400F about 20. Then uncover the pan and stir and leave it uncovered for another 10 minutes.

It's yummy!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Definitely grilled pineapple, but with honey drizzled on it and cinnamon!

We generally just do the old steak with sauce and ribs, but my husband makes this awesome veggie mix:

he puts in his favourites veggies:

-onions
    -garlic
    -bellpeppers
    -mushrooms
    -masala spices (this is the key to your flavour. We seriously put it everywhere, especially in our scrambled eggs!
    -salt & pepper
    -granola oil
    -soy sauce (just a little)
    - Jack Daniels or beer
    -maple syrup but you can use honey or raw sugar

mix everything but the veggies, put in an aluminum pan, put the veggies in, mix so they are slathered with the sauce. Cover with aluminum foil, put in the BBQ 400F about 20. Then uncover the pan and stir and leave it uncovered for another 10 minutes.

It's yummy!

Def going to try this soon.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Steaks!!! The only thing I can successfully cook on the grill..
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Grilled pineapple slices is a good dessert. :)

I second grilled pineapple, try it on grilled teriyaki marinated chicken too. And If you really wanna tasty treat (and have the calories to do it) make it a sandwich on a Kings Hawaiian roll! YUM!
  • jgollnick
    jgollnick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chili lime chicken-

6 thin skinless, boneless chicken breast with sea salt and ground pepper corn

Marinade in ziploc bag:

2 TBsp fresh cilantro
    2 TBsp scallions
    1 clove minced garlic
    3 TBsp olive oil
    1 TBsp chili powder
    1 tsp cumin
    1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice.

Toss chicken in bag. Marinate for 3 hours. Grill 5 minutes per side over direct heat. Goes great with blsck bean & corn salsa.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Chili lime chicken-

Marinade in ziploc bag:

2 TBsp fresh cilantro
    2 TBsp scallions
    1 clove minced garlic
    3 TBsp olive oil
    1 TBsp chili powder
    1 tsp cumin

Toss chicken in bag. Marinate for 3 hours. Grill 5 minutes per side over direct heat. Goes great with blsck bean & corn salsa.

Love this too. I see some awesome cook outs in my near future.
  • blueyegirl0712
    blueyegirl0712 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Chili lime chicken-

Marinade in ziploc bag:

2 TBsp fresh cilantro
    2 TBsp scallions
    1 clove minced garlic
    3 TBsp olive oil
    1 TBsp chili powder
    1 tsp cumin

I will have to try this! Sounds so good!