Workout suggestions for

people with weak knees... ?

i sprained my knee a month ago, i haven't worked out for a month and want to get some workouts back into my day..

I started walking 2 miles... any at home workout suggestions ?

also , would upper body weight training be a good idea 5-6 times a week 15-20mins?

Replies

• lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    no one? any one ? :sad:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Cycling
  • Jennas125
    Jennas125 Posts: 16
    I have trouble with my knees due to being a career waitress and being on my feet all the time. i started Jillian 30ds and have noticed that with a few modifications i can do her workout with little to no problems on the knees. you can get the video on youtube and start with level 1. hope this helps Good luck!
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Have you ever looked at the workouts on Pinterest? They have a lot of just body weight ones that you can do at home and aren't bad on your knees. I would take a look since they are easy and you can pick which ones won't hurt your knee.
  • mcparlin
    mcparlin Posts: 2 Member
    Get on a bkie, even slow meandering around town is good, and it takes the pressure off your knee. Also, yoga, pilates, or tai chi, all can be easily modified for any joint problems.
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    I agree that cycling/bicycling is a good low impact workout. I would suggest lifting to help strengthen your knee. There are certain stability exercises you can do to also strengthen it. Yoga might also be a good way to stretch out those sore muscles. Hope this helped!
  • ddarold
    ddarold Posts: 15 Member
    Someone suggested Jessica Smith on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv) on another thread. I did her power walk video today and it was pretty low impact and a great workout. She has several different workouts.