eating back excersise cals??

Options
Hi im really confused and need some help suggestions please:smile: im 5ft 4 weigh 146 lbs im trying to get down to 133 or maybe 130 and tone up i have had 3 children the youngest being 7 weeks, i have just started the jillian michaels 30 day shred mfp has set my cals at 1200 so on the days i excersise should i be eating those cals back or will that stop the weight loss im really confused all advice welcome thank you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yes eat them back. Especially since you are only eating 1200 calories you need to eat your exercise calories back.

Ensure your weekly loss goal is set at no more than 0.5lbs per week. Without a lot to lose you need to have your deficit small.
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thank you i will do this now , neither wonder i have stopped losing weight :smile:
  • ntanasiciuk
    ntanasiciuk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You need to eat them back! Your 1200 calorie day already has a calorie deficit. If you do not eat back your calories, you will be at an extreme defecit and your body will go into starvation mode.
  • Sarcastic_Hate
    Sarcastic_Hate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i eat 1200 cal a day and then i burn excersise cals but i never eat mine back , i have been losing 1 pound a day because of that , so im not sure the answer to that :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    i eat 1200 cal a day and then i burn excersise cals but i never eat mine back , i have been losing 1 pound a day because of that , so im not sure the answer to that :)
    [/quote