Does Insanity stress the shoulders much?

Options
trifona
trifona Posts: 15 Member
I've completed Power 90 and got through 50 days of P90MS. I had to shut it down because of onset of rotator cuff tendinitis. I received a cortisone shot and am going through physical therapy now. This is the second time I am being treated for the condition. The first time I received a cortisone shot 2 years ago but did not go through therapy at that time. I was not exercising regularly and the shot was sufficient to treat the pain.

I'm not quite ready to stat working out the shoulders apart from my therapy exercises but I do want to get some exercise in before rust settles in since it's been about a 2-week break for me already.

I already have Insanity & P90X. I know I'm not ready for P90X. I'm contemplating whether I should continue P90MS on a modified schedule or whether I should jump into Insanity at this point.

If Insanity will stress the upper body then I am probably better off continuing the Master Series for a few more weeks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    insanity does have some upper body stuff with press ups, and plank type moves. month one is not so bad, but month 2 has a fair bit
  • trifona
    trifona Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I may be better off just doing what I can do with P90MS and get myself ready to hit Insanity at full speed in another month or so.