Getting frustrated.....

Options
I am getting tired of not seeing the number on the scale go down. My weight keeps wanting to hover around 229 lbs. and I think that I am not making any progress which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because everyone keeps saying I look like I've lost weight and I don't know why I don't see it.

Replies

• maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How long have you been hovering there? I just broke a two week plateau myself. I upped my calories a little (maybe by 100-200 calories) and increased my intensity of my work outs.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If I had one bit of advice for you, it's this: Get out a tape measure and take your measurements. And then do it every week. Even when the scale isn't budging, I'm quite sure you are losing inches. Especially if other people are noticing. Don't get discouraged. Keep on keeping on! :)
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How long have you been hovering there? I just broke a two week plateau myself. I upped my calories a little (maybe by 100-200 calories) and increased my intensity of my work outs.

I started trying to loss weight in november and I was doing really well. I put on 10 pounds when I lost me job at the beginning of February, i know that was the stress that caused it, I leveled out in early april and that is where I have been stuck for over a month.

I'll lose a few pounds and get really excited and think that I am back on track but then I'll weight myself few days later and the pounds are back.

I'm debating about doing a juice fast like that guy did on Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.
  • suki_j
    suki_j Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was debating doing the juice fast as well out of frustration, but honestly I think it'll be a waste of time . . . after going back to eating normally the pounds will be likely to pile back on again plus some extra! Hang in there and stay strong :)
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So i measured myself and I am going to try to do that at least once a week to see if I am actually making progress.