HI! NEED ENCOURAGING FRIENDS!

Options
Hello Everyone, :)

I just started working out this week and I changed my diet completely. I am really sore right now. I have a friend helping me. I guess I'm just scared I won't stick with it. I've done many diets, but I have NO motivation to stick with it more then a month. My problem is I want to see results instantly. I just need to hear that I can make it. I hope to meet many to friends on here.

Replies

• drbaca83
    Options
    Hello Everyone, :)

I just started working out this week and I changed my diet completely. I am really sore right now. I have a friend helping me. I guess I'm just scared I won't stick with it. I've done many diets, but I have NO motivation to stick with it more then a month. My problem is I want to see results instantly. I just need to hear that I can make it. I hope to meet many to friends on here.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad you are here! If you need encouragement, this is definitely the place to be : ) People here are great, and so helpful.

I thought like you when I first started. I could never stick to a diet longer than a week, and I guess that's because I wanted instant results too. But when I thought about it and did the math, it kind of helped me. For example - total lbs I have gained in the past 4 years is 44 lbs, which is A LOT -- but it only amounts to 11 lbs a year. So when I saw how slowly I put on the weight, it helped me realize that it actually is coming off faster then I put it on. I have been using this site since July 19, and have lost 11 lbs. Not much BUT I just took a year off of my weight gain in like 3 months. NOT BAD! I am thrilled : )

Good luck to you, YOU CAN DO IT!
    Set small goals so they are easy to reach, maybe that will help keep you motivated. Like if you want to lose 50 lbs. Set your goal at 10, and once you reach that set it at another 10 or 15. You will get there eventually! Be patient!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi drbaca83

You can and will make it.
    I'm sure you feel so good about yourself everytime you're done with a workout so just look forward to that feeling. Even going out for a nice walk in the morning... gives you such energy and gets you in a good mood.

Don't give up. You're 6 pounds closer to being healthy.
    Keep it up!!!