Hello, I am new!

Options
I didn't know myfitnesspal had a community of supporters out there! I happened across this while researching success stories of using this app. I'd like to jump on board as I learn to navigate the site to encourage and be encouraged.

I've recently turned 26, work two full time jobs and have an incredible guy in my life! He is actually who introduced me to myfitnesspal when for himself he discovered it. I live in Arizona and am really only active in what is required at my jobs (which is actually a lot of movement/walking) so this works out for me for now.

I started myfitnesspal just shy of two weeks ago, my starting weight was 149 with my goal weight being 125. When I moved to Arizona just before my 18th birthday this was my weight and as a young adult I'd always ate without accountability. However, now I'm getting closer to a point in my life of an engagement, wedding and soon after children. I chose 125 because its been the healthiest weight I've ever been at without making unhealthy choices so I thought it'd be attainable in time. I'd also always told myself that before I could get pregnant I'd need to loose a good amount of weight so what I gained in pregnancy could lead me to a healthy weight gain instead of obesity. My current weight is 143.6 as of this morning. I'll weigh myself every Friday morning.

Replies

• Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'll be a supportive friend, sending a FR now.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    We have a similar goal weight, and are in a similar age group too haha. I'm sending you a FR now. :)
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    well welcome! i wish you the best of luck and feel free to add me for support if you would like
  • taycheese
    taycheese Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, I heard about this site from a friend a few weeks ago...finally got a new phone and decided to check it out. I'm not looking to lose, I'm looking to maintain, but I don't mind the friendship and I am a good supporter!