When I grew up, I never expected to.....

Options
CrazyTrackLady
CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
become a teacher. I saw my mom working really hard and thought "There is no way I will EVER become a teacher".

But, here I am.

What's your "never expected but here you are?" And, just for grins, let's share something POSITIVE about ourselves.

Replies

• closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Have a 6 pack..lol always heavy as a kid and slimmer in the military but when I got out in 2010 I got huge and never thought I would look the way I do now!
  • ThoseRabbits
    ThoseRabbits Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    be a pimp :glasses:
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I never thought that my weight would be near 200 pounds, let alone almost 300. I'm down to 239 now but hope to be below 200 by Christmas.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would have a family.. I planned on living in a new york apartment as and artist.... I am a mom of 4 and own a house in the country.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would want to become a nurse but here I am. A second degree nursing student.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Take martial arts classes. I earned my black belt in Tae kwon do in 1999. It was grueling, but I did it.
  • Abhishek1984
    Options
    become a banker !! :laugh:
    Wanted to travel ..still do..
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Be married and have kids. I was such a slore in my younger days.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Have such an amazing husband and life. I could never have dreamed the life I have.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be working in accounting...while also working on a Chemistry degree so I can take over the world!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Find out you can BUY as much bubble wrap as you want, and promptly buy a large roll of it.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    ... Still be surrounded by children. I thought that one day everyone would grow but, be smart and generally be what I'd always thought adults were supposed to be when I was a child. That never happened. We're all still the same know nothing little twits we always were, just bigger and (terrifyingly) having kids of our own.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    ....not have a family of my own by this age....although the decision is mine.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    never go to uni....... struggled with lessons through all my school life (being in special classes for english lessons) ,got better at college and should be in uni in september... am on a btec course and should be getting 3 Distinctions this is equal to 3 Grade A alevels, i never thought id be able to get to uni! :)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I told my then-boyfriend I was saving money to go to Europe. His response: "Go back to sleep and dream again." It was 1972. We were living in Ohio. It was just out of his realm of reality.

I never thought that, at 60, I'd have lost count of the number of transatlantic flights I've made. And I'm leaving for Paris tonight. Woo-hoo!!
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    still enjoy learning - the love of it has never stopped and now with technology the way it is - it's limitless.
    The world and the people in it are amazing.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    be a sk8brding bad@ss with tatts and piercings :devil:
  • SANDRA_F26
    SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
    Options
    be a sk8brding bad@ss with tatts and piercings :devil:
    THat you are my friend! :smokin:
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    To have only one kid. I was an only child and swore to myself I wanted at least 3 kids...
  • boothekm
    boothekm Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    be a teacher as well. (Why go to school for 17 years just to go back for life???)...but I love it!
    be fluent in another language (Spanish) besides English with a heavy southern accent!