Help Need to cut down on carbs!

Options
Hi guys,

looking for some ideas for high protein diets as i am going to the gym 3x a week.
and everytime im inputting food into the food diary it seems i dont have a lot of protein in my foods and its mainly carbs! which is what i need to really cut down to start seeing results.

any suggestions?
P.S - i work 4 days pw 7:15 - 5:45 so needing some quick meal ideas i can just make up at home the night before.

thanks!

Replies

• tdrusk
    tdrusk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Look for Paleo or Keto recipes.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Eggs or egg whites for breakfast with veggies and/or meat and/or cheese scrambled in.

Lunch/dinner, try a big salad with lots of tasty veggies, whatever "extra" toppings you like that fit your goals (cheeses, croutons, crispy onions, almonds or walnuts, dried fruit...the possibilities are practically endless), and plenty of protein - chicken breast is an obvious choice, but you could do tuna, salmon filets, steak, taco-seasoned ground beef or turkey, sliced deli meat, whatever you want. Make a homemade dressing with olive oil and some vinegar or mustard or lemon juice or good quality jam and seasonings to control extra sugars and add healthy fats. I know salad sounds boring, but there are SO many flavors and varieties you can put together that eating it several times per week doesn't feel boring at all if you switch it up.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Meat and protein shakes.
  • adflory2003
    adflory2003 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try adding some cottage cheese to your diet...this is one thing I have been eating as a snack...maybe u already do that. Plain greek yogurt with berries are my other snack to get a good bit of protein. I have the same issue...too many carbs....so I am trying to figure out how to cut that back too. QUEST bars are great too...there are lots of carbs in them, but the dietary fiber in them cuts the active carbs to almost nothing! Best of luck! :)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Just remove more processed food. That is where most simple carbs are anyway. I would add more veggies, whole eggs, cottage cheese is a very good one, kefir, nuts, fish, peanut butter.