STRIP DIET - BROCOLLI & CHICKEN

Options
Hey there,

i noticed one of the guys that goes to my gym was on a strip diet whereby he stripped all fat from his body to look more ripped and he does look really great.

i asked him about it and all he did was had porridge for breakfast and then had chicken and broccolli the rest of the time.
anyone heard of this kind of diet before? and is it good for me going to the gym 3 x a week and im needing to cut of the carbs?

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You don't need to fall for extreme diets to lose weight.

Eat what you want in moderation. Fill up on water, fresh fruits and veggies and lean proteins. Keep under your TDEE and you will end up losing weight.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    It's a bodybuilder thing. It's a crash diet used to get ready for competition - it's definitely not a healthy or sustainable way to eat, and even they won't do it for long. But yes, it will work. (And yes, you will gain it all back when you start eating normally again. Plus sometimes those regained pounds will bring friends.)

Edit: Oh, and if you are now saying, "well, I'm super-diciplined, I'll never eat anything but chicken and broccoli for the rest of my life! Awesome!" then you're looking at at least a half-dozen types of malnutrition. Please don't.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i think that sounds ok - its more on the low carb side, but eating chicken and broccoli sounds pretty healthy....I'd add some avocado or nuts or something for a little healthy fat, but this make sense. and there's a whole school of thought that says to keep your diet very simple so that you don't confuse yourself with choice...but that said, I'd only eat like this for limited periods of time (like a couple weeks) and then change it up. Its always better to eat a well balanced diet. but there are definite benefits to keeping it simple.

also, I wouldn't call this a crash diet if you are not restricting portion size. Usually the way these diets (and mind you I wouldn't call this a diet) work is that you restrict choice but eat as much as you want and you end up eating under your TDEE because the food is so filling (and nutritious). But the point is if you are hungry, you eat more - no calorie counting. Again, I'd add some nuts or olive oil but otherwise no one can say eating loads of lean meat (doesn't have to be chicken) and loads of fresh veggies (doesn't have to be just broccoli) is anything but healthy (particularly if you are of the low-carb mindset).
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie... I would die if I only ate chicken and broccoli, even though I love both. I'd watch an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and have to be put on anti-depressants. Now, if you want to include this meal several times during the week instead of other higher calorie ones, it sounds like a good option, but remember, carbs aren't your enemy and variety is the spice of life.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yeah its a real stupid diet..good luck
  • tiffany484
    tiffany484 Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds like a carb cycle a lot of fitness competitors around me use... oatmeal, egg whites, chicken, broccoli, almonds and brown rice. My husband does it every time we go on vacation for a week or two so he can look better in his bathing suit. Usually strips a few lbs of fat in a week (on a man - I have yet to try this diet so I don't know how well it works for women). Its NOT for long term though - one or two weeks max. Besides getting boring as H#LL its also lacking a lot of nutrients.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    sooo unnecessary and short term water loss and can literally shrink all your muscles and lower your sex drive completely screw up all your hormones..cmonnnnnnnnnn
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie... I would die if I only ate chicken and broccoli, even though I love both. I'd watch an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and have to be put on anti-depressants. Now, if you want to include this meal several times during the week instead of other higher calorie ones, it sounds like a good option, but remember, carbs aren't your enemy and variety is the spice of life.

LOL! I watch that show too but ONLY while I'm already eating dinner. And the United States of Bacon (and Steak)?! *sigh*
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    yeah its a real stupid diet..good luck

This ^^
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    extreme= crash--->fail---> balloon even bigger