Where is the first place that you notice..

Options
ken_hogan
ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
Where is the first place that you notice weight loss or gains? I went to put a dress shirt on a few months ago, which i don't wear too often, and couldn't button up the neck. Now that I'm losing weight that has been one of the first places I noticed it gone.

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've been taking progress photos every thirty days, only 2 sets so far, but I definitely notice it in my stomach. Also I buttoned and zipped some pants this morning that I couldn't even do laying on my back 2 months ago :)
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My scale says I have lost 10 pounds .. but I don't notice it anywhere. :frown: It gets discouraging. Hopefully in 5 or 10 pounds more I will finally notice something.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Depends on my weight. When I am my comfortable, "normal" weight, the belly is the first to come and the first to go. This time I was about 40lbs over that, and the first place I noticed weight loss was my neck, chest, and shoulders. 11lbs down, and now the belly, waist, and hips are moving.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My muffin top! :blushing: You can see from my progress pics that my tummy area slimmed down much faster than everything else. I start looking all lumpy very fast if I slip up.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Moobs for me, followed by side fat.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thighs. With large thighs the first thing I notice are my trousers or jeans being that tiny bit looser. Other people see it in my face. Think it's because I have dimples!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    face and muffin top
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My scale says I have lost 10 pounds .. but I don't notice it anywhere. :frown: It gets discouraging. Hopefully in 5 or 10 pounds more I will finally notice something.

Make sure to take pics just for yourself. In my profile pic I didn't notice anything really had to look at the pics. It's really uplifting :) 10 pounds is great!!! Keep it up :)
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welll I'm sad to say My breasts :cry: The one of two places I wouldn't mind if a little fat stayed- have been the first to go. Oh well- I will make up for it with some AWESOME ABS one day soon :happy:
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I notice it in my chest and collarbone area first. I think the layer of fat covering my ribcage is the first to go, since I've already gone down a bra band size!
  • Hoosier96
    Hoosier96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    tummy first, face second.
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welll I'm sad to say My breasts :cry: The one of two places I wouldn't mind if a little fat stayed- have been the first to go. Oh well- I will make up for it with some AWESOME ABS one day soon :happy:

This...
  • xRachTasticx
    xRachTasticx Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it mostly in my face and collarbone area. As I woman I heard you first REALLY notice it in your boobs. I'm 23 lbs down and still anxiously waiting on that tid bit I was told to come true!
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Breasts, collarbone, and tummy (post baby). For my husband it's always his chin
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I noticed the weight loss first in my neck and collarbone area. I noticed my recent weight gain in the stomach first but ignored it until it hit my neck and face.
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    First place I noticed was my legs above the knees. That was dieting and Jillian Body Revolution. My hubby says he could see it in my back. 9 lbs down, 12 inches lost, still working on it and feeling much friskier on my feet.
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    I can't tell just by looking in the mirror, but when I look at my progress pictures, I can see it in my face and waist.
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    When I gain weight it tends to go to my stomach, so you would think it would come off my stomach first. But so far the weight seems to be coming off all over my body so I haven't noticed a big difference in just one area.
  • humanismu
    humanismu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I still don't see it, and I've lost 36lbs so far...BUT EVERYONE ELSE HAS!!! After the 15-20lb mark go and try on clothes at the stores (: That never lies!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    weight loss comes from my chest area first and weight gain hits my thighs/butt area
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!