I can't shop anymore NSV

Options
Holly_penguin
Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
My current dress size is a 12 or 14 depending on the cut. Which means i can no longer shop for clothes at any of the stores I have credit cards to. No Lane Bryany, no Avenue, no Catherines becasue the smallest size they carry is a 14/16. Looks like I have to fill out new credit applications and do some plastic shredding. YAY!

Replies

• scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Way to go.....
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    awesome problem to have!!!! keep up the awesome work! PS love your dress in your profile picture!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats :)
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gymboreejunkie
    gymboreejunkie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a liberating feeling! Think of all the shopping possibilities. Enjoy every moment... :smile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Cool NSV...dont they have sister companies with smaller size clothing that you could use the credit card at? Personally, I would want to continue to support those companies in some form because they have kept me dressed when no other company would.
  • nikkim41
    nikkim41 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great! I can not wait to be able to say the same thing! :happy:
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful NSV! It's a really great feeling when you can shop anywhere. Congrats :)
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That is a great problem to have! I can't wait.
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amazing NSV... I remember going into a Pennington's here in Canada when I was a teenager (I was not overweight) and before even entering the store, the woman approached me and immediately told me this was not the store for me..eh what! I could have been shopping for my mother, grandmother, dear old aunt...who knew. Have never set foot in that store again. But saying that, it is a wonderful feeling to walk into a regular store, take some clothes off the rack, try them on and they fit or maybe even a little loose. Way to go!
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great problem to have!!! :)

though I will admit, I love Lane Bryant's shoes/accessories. :)
  • melonay
    melonay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! On a similar topic, I am actually a little worried that once I lose the weight and reach my goal I will go into debt because of all the clothes shopping I'll be doing! Haha! hopefully I won't have time for it and just enjoy life outdoors and doing things. So I guess that thought keeps me motivated! lol
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent NSV. Here is a little advice, find a way to reward yourself weekly with $. $1 for every mile walked or rode on a bike. $5 for every day you exercise. What ever works for you, put the money in a jar and you will be shocked how fast it adds up.

For me, it makes more sense to avoid credit cards and pay yourself for success. I like going to my jar and taking money out for clothes (its only for clothes). I am proud of the fact I earned the $, and why I earned it.

Just a suggestion.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Time to apply for your Victoria Secret credit card.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    What a cool NSV! Way to go!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I just hit that NSV myself! Isn't that just the best feeling!!! Cut those cards up and give away all of the clothes from those places so you have nothing to go back to!
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    This might be perfectly random but be sure to read this before you cancel your store credit cards :)http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/help/cancel-credit-card-6000.php

Congratulations on your NSV!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    That is an excellent NSV. Here is a little advice, find a way to reward yourself weekly with $. $1 for every mile walked or rode on a bike. $5 for every day you exercise. What ever works for you, put the money in a jar and you will be shocked how fast it adds up.

For me, it makes more sense to avoid credit cards and pay yourself for success. I like going to my jar and taking money out for clothes (its only for clothes). I am proud of the fact I earned the $, and why I earned it.

Just a suggestion.

That is my reward system also - $10 for every lb I lose. I'm up $230 as of today. Boy, if I was paying myself for exercise, I would have about $500 extra by now. I don't know if I could afford to reward myself like that!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV! LOVE IT! i can (sort of) relate...

10 years ago i worked at a banana republic (wearing their largest sizes) and had the in-store credit card - i bought A LOT of clothes. fast forward a few years; i've moved on, i no longer work there, and the clothes no longer fit :ohwell: i've never closed the credit account, and i've carefully packed away the clothes in storage, wishfully thinking that "someday" everything might be of use again. i'm now on track to be able to dust everything off in the next few months. SO EXCITED!
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Time to apply for your Victoria Secret credit card.

THIS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!