Do you track your vitamins?

Options
jqh23
jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
I take several vitamins/supplements a day and never thought to track them. I have seen others do so in their dairies though and thought I would ask.

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    No. I dont even split meals. The only thing I care about is what my macros were and how many calories I ate. Everything else means nothing to me. I enter all my food when convenient, not when I eat it. Then again, I don't weigh anything either.

If it helps you remember to take them, go ahead. I don't see any point in logging any sort of supplement unless you're doing serious micromanaging and bodybuilding.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Nope.
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I do, but only to keep up with my Iron
  • pinkcow84
    pinkcow84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I add them to my "food notes" just to help myself keep track of which were taken each day! But I don't track them in the calorie section.
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I do. Just to make sure that I'm getting them in. I tend to forget to take them some days, so this way I can see what I've missed. For me some of my vitamins are instead of medication (vitamin b for anxiety for instance) so I want to make sure I don't miss a day.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I do. Just to make sure that I'm getting them in. I tend to forget to take them some days, so this way I can see what I've missed. For me some of my vitamins are instead of medication (vitamin b for anxiety for instance) so I want to make sure I don't miss a day.

ditto, I track them because I'd forget them if I didn't!
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I can understand people logging them if they have calories. I usually don't bother. I usually take 10-20 calories worth of supplements a day (fish oil, gummy vitamins) but the 20 calories doesn't really make much of a difference in my day.

If I was extremely strict about my calories, but I have never been over by enough for it to make a difference.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't. I take a women's multi-vitamin and vitamin c. I don't see what's the point in logging them and haven't even checked to see if they even list the calories on the bottles.

(I also don't log the gum I'm currently chewing seeing how it's only 3 cal)
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Yes.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    No
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I track everything I ingest.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Yes. I take a calcium/iron supplement if needed. I try to get my 100% from food, but if i'm short, i'll take a supplement and log it, making sure I meet my nutritonal needs for those two items.
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes & to my amazement some vitamins have calories!
    My GNC Women Active multi and Spring Valley with Fish Oil with D3 has calories!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I do. My total calories for my vitamins are 215. I take fish oil liquid and that alone is 160 calories.
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yup, I also use it as a reminder. I tend to log my food for the day each morning (I'm a planner, that's just how I work) so when I go add my water or whatever, I see my log and can be like "oh crap, forgot to take that!".

Works for me, doesn't work for all. I'd say give it a try and if you like it, keep it up! :)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do because they are worth 99 cals if I take them all. I do gummies because I can't handle some pills also do oils (fish, flax, etc) for joints so the cals add up. I also want to see that I am not under iron and calcium.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I absolutely track my vitamins. Mostly because I need to make sure I'm getting enough there, but also because they are the Gummy variety and add calories to the total.
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I track my supplements. It turned out that they added up to 80 calories a day. It is also helpful to me to see how much calcium and fiber I am getting via food and supplements. I can then top up if needed.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    If I ingest it, I log it. Plus I keep an eye on my iron (Was severly anemic as a child and used to get really run down around ToM, but its not nearly as bad now) and calcium so logging them just makes sense.