Too stressed 60 day till my wedding

Options
:cry: I'm turning into a bridezilla. I never thought I would say this, but I am. Please help, it seems like I have to fight with the caterers and facility. My honey and I got into a fight about how the excel sheet should be put together. I wouldn't talk to him yesterday because I thought all he was doing was judging me.

I need a vacation.:explode:

Replies

• kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    :cry: I'm turning into a bridezilla. I never thought I would say this, but I am. Please help, it seems like I have to fight with the caterers and facility. My honey and I got into a fight about how the excel sheet should be put together. I wouldn't talk to him yesterday because I thought all he was doing was judging me.

I need a vacation.:explode:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath.

Remind yourself that you want a marriage. . .not just a wedding. :flowerforyou:
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    take a deep breath, say 'it doesn't need to be perfect', give your honey a big smooch, and remember why you are getting married. not for the food, but for love ( i hope:wink: )

are constantly planning, or do you give yourself a break every now and then? you and your fiance could go on a date, and make a rule that you won't talk about the wedding at all:laugh:

happy wedding:flowerforyou:
    em
  • arubabound
    Options
    25 years of wedded bliss for me.....my husband fainted at the alter, the band let my drunk sister sing and i was 15 minutes late to the church!!!! Don't stress.......this will just be one more beautiful memory years from now it will all seem silly.......take a drive with your sweetie tonight get a cup of coffee and talk about something other than your wedding!!!
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It's okay! No one will ever notice any details that go wrong. Most people just remember if they have a good time at your wedding. I can't even remember the cake from my best friend's wedding and I was in it! I agee with date night and no wedding talk.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh you will be so beautiful and have a wonderful marriage. Just calm down, take some quiet time. You do know everything is going to work out wonderfully and if it isn't perfect just be sure to get it on camera lol, you could win $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Think back to all the weddings you've been to. Do you remember the specifics, the food..the napkins...the flowers??? I remember the ceremonies & whether I had a good time.

Don't sweat the details, it's just one day. :flowerforyou:
  • conklinaj
    conklinaj Posts: 12
    Options
    I am a musician who has played the role of pianist or organist for hundreds of weddings. I have been a groomsman and/or usher for about 20 more. I married my lovely wife 7 1/2 years ago. Weddings are something I know a little bit about. There is one thing I can tell you, no matter how much you plan, obsess and micromanage every detail, something will go wrong. Believe it or not, it is these things that make a wedding ceremony more memorable. A conversation about "remember our wedding" will always bring up those things that went somehow other than planned, usually with a bit of laughter. However, I have found that you have much more fone memories of your wedding ceremony if you have something to remember it by. . .the fun you had dealing with the things that went wrong. It sounds crazy, I know, but in my experience it is true.

The biggest key though is remembering that the wedding is just a ceremony that kicks off your marriage. Marriage is HARD WORK. Never go into thinking it is disposable or with the idea that if things aren't going your way, you'll just divorce. In fact, never even consider divorce as a possible end result. Instead, only think of hard times as an excuse to work harder to make things work out. That's how you get to wedded bliss.

Sorry the post is so long, but I couldn't help it.
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Just think about how you'll be laughing at this in a couple months.. Yea yea, it might be all serious now... But, really, your HONEY is not judging you.. and really, an excel spread sheet.. Just make 2... One that he can understand and one you can understand... Its really that simple... You are SOOO lucky to be so close to marrying the man of your dreams... relax... breathe.. and for heavens sake, calm down already... call on your bridesmaids to take over some of these tasks and enjoy being with your Honey...
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Just breath and remember why you are getting married. It's not about the caterer or type of music that is played. It's about sharing your lives together. Don't get wrapped up in all of the material stuff. I'm getting married in June. If something doesn't go right or I don't get something done, oh well. If something doesn't go right that day, what can I do about it?? Just enjoy the moment!!!!!!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I went through it too...It's awful I know. I was petrified about having to get up in front of everyone. I promise you, it will all be over soon and then you'll wish you could do it all over again because you won't remember half of it. I went through my whole wedding day in a daze. I had xanax to help me through it though...lol you might want to talk to your GP!