Runners - What Kind of Earbuds do you use?

Options

Replies

• AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love my Skullcandy ones with the phone mic attached to it. I can control my music, and my phone if it happens to ring. Best bang for the buck, I think.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds. Best headphones ever. They're basically made for working out.

I just got these for Mother's Day and they are by far the best I have tried.

I have tried them and after about a month of use, they wouldn't stay in all of the time anymore...to note; I work out about 2x's per day, 6 days a week, mix of strength, P90X routines, and long distance running and spinning (no music on outdoor cycling...need to hear the cars coming).
  • ironmanwannabe
    ironmanwannabe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds. You can even take the silicone ear pieces off and put them on your apple earphones. That is what I did. They do NOT fall out period. Make sure you get fitted!
  • a_masone
    a_masone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    YURBUDS. first pair I've tried that DON'T fall out. (I've been on a quest to find some for years and have tried every brand I could think of until I stumbled upon these in Best Buy).
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair of Yurbuds at Target this weekend - only used them once so far but it's the first time I could get through my entire run without putting them back in - awesome! Thanks all :)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like the bose IE2 I looked at them for quite some time cost was a factor. FInially decided to purchase and told myself if there is anything about them I dislike I will return them. Im on my 3rd par in about 3 years only type ill ever use now. No sweat build up like you get with ear buds they do not work themselves out like ear buds and very comfortable. Also when Im running outside I can still hear noise around me AKA (cars and bicycles).
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds. Best headphones ever. They're basically made for working out.

I have a pair of these. They tend to fall off when I run but are good for everything else. I got the Ironman ones, cost about $30. Which is about all I'm willing to spend on headphones.

I generally go with the cheapest pair I can find that have the ear wrap-around thing. Those tend to work best for me.

Tangent: I think people who are wearing Bose or Beats noise reducing earmuffs at the gyms are tools. I mean the big *kitten* ones that cover your whole head. It's like "thanks buddy, now I know you spend $400 on headphones but still don't know how to work out."
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I haven't run with earbuds since I stopped treadmilling it years ago. However, the absolute best never fall out stay put earbuds I found were skullcandy. Several companies make buds that look similar now, but I'd go with skullcandy because I know those are legit without being over-designed and over-priced.
  • PollyWolly98
    PollyWolly98 Posts: 112
    Options
    I had Yurbuds and they stayed in pretty good. I didn't like the extra long cord and having to stuff it down my shirt. The cord would then pull on me a bit and I couldn't easily turn my head and I noticed that I would look down all the time causing poor running form. I lost one of the silicone pieces after a race and had to get a new set. I bought the Sennheiser PMX680 and I love them. There is only a cord going down on one side (it goes behind your head) and it is a super short one that reaches my armband without a problem. I keep my head up now and can look around more easily. Basically, I think everybody is different and has to find what works best for them. Oh and one more comment, I borrowed my husband's Bose IE2 earbuds when I couldn't use the Yurbuds and they were also fantastic, but much more expensive for something I'm going to sweat on all the time.
  • phooey43
    phooey43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've used Yurbuds and love the way they twist and lock in place. They also come at a couple of price points so you can decide whether you like them without shelling out too much. The only drawback I have is that the silicone covers become loose after awhile and come off the earbuds more easily. I keep thinking about trying a dab of superglue to lock em down but haven't gotten around to that
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't use earbuds, I use Koss KSC-75s. They have a clip-like thing that goes around your ear. Great sound for a $10-15 pair and they have never fallen off. And I can still hear what's happening around me if I keep the volume at a reasonable level.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I love nice things, but I cannot justify spending a lot on workout headphones I will most likely lose (I go through about 5 pair a year easy). SkullCandy Chops are $15 and are by far my favorite and most comfortable sports headphones I own. I have tiny ears and they’re one of the few that actually stay put, don’t wobble/jiggle, or fall out no matter what I’m doing.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I picked up a pair of Yurbuds tonight. LOVE THEM!
  • Simple fix for ear buds that fall out. Place earbuds in ear, rotate 180 degrees, wrap cord over and behind your ear, problem solved.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't. It is extremely dangerous to wear earbuds while running, or even walking. The other day I was about to cross the street when from behind me an ambulance honked. I stopped because I heard it. If I hadn't I could have prevented them from getting where they needed to be in a timely manner. In some cases, seconds matter. That is just one example. So many drivers out there are ignorant of pedestrians and do not give them the right of way. Also, I walk my dogs and if a car did hit us, it would hit one of them first as they walk at my sides. I would never forgive myself if one of them got hurt or died because I was too busy listening to music to hear a car coming.
  • boipoka72
    boipoka72 Posts: 8
    Options
    I usually use Panasonic HJE120. The best cheap earbuds I have ever used. They are around $5-6 on amazon and you can get them in different colors.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I don't. It is extremely dangerous to wear earbuds while running, or even walking. The other day I was about to cross the street when from behind me an ambulance honked. I stopped because I heard it. If I hadn't I could have prevented them from getting where they needed to be in a timely manner. In some cases, seconds matter. That is just one example. So many drivers out there are ignorant of pedestrians and do not give them the right of way. Also, I walk my dogs and if a car did hit us, it would hit one of them first as they walk at my sides. I would never forgive myself if one of them got hurt or died because I was too busy listening to music to hear a car coming.
    This! People, PLEASE....if you are going to listen to music while running (or cycling) outdoors, keep the volume way down. I cannot tell you how many times I have come up on someone who has been so tuned out that when I literally scream "Coming up behind you!" at them, they recoil in fear and surprise when I pass them. Ladies especially - it is SO important (no matter where you live/workout) to be AWARE of your surroundings and to not present yourself as an easy target for some crazy criminal.
    Be careful out there!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have the Powerbeats by Dre. They are water resistant so I don't have to worry about sweating on them and it has the piece that goes around and behind the ear. I can't ever use regular earbuds because sweat always drips down my ears and somehow gets in my ears and then regular earbuds keep slipping out. They have different size buds to fit your ear canal and the sound is incredible. All around win for me.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/earphones/powerbeats-black/900-00005-01,default,pd.html

Edited for spelling
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump