Where do you find your motivation? What is your WHY?

Options
124»

Replies

• vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes every Sunday when I have to sort out my painkillers, anti-inflams and sleeping tablets for the week. All had to be increased (dosage and volume) when I put on weight and it's really depressing.

The only way I can reduce my meds is if I lose weight. At 34, I really don't want to trash my kidneys and be a prescription stoner in the next 20 years.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    To attract a future mate and to live a long, healthy life. It's cliche but true.
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have 3 why's:

1. I have scoliosis & I find the stronger I become, the less back pain I get on a daily basis.
    2. I already look good in clothes, but I want to look even better in my bikini & naked!
    3. A lot of people in my family are overweight; My father has a lot of health problems that I may inherit, overweight, diabetes, diverticulius, the list goes on & on & if I am eating clean & working out, most of these things won't happen to me. I'll be strong & won't have to see my dr as often as I get older.

I'm just wondering if you already look good in your clothes why are you on a weight loss site?

Well ... it's not actually a weight loss site. It's a fitness site. Some people are on here because they enjoy some or any aspect of fitness, some trying to bulk up, some trying to maintain and, yes, some trying to lose weight.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    because I'm worth it.

And sadly I am too concerned about how I look, and my mood depends a lot on how fat I feel.
    I wanna be happy, more confident and more comfortable with myself again.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I started with seeing a picture of myself and wanting to lose a few pounds. The next day I bought healthy food, tossed the garbage, and started tracking. Once I saw progress, THAT was my motivation. Why? Because I can. And once I started working out (which came a few months after I started tracking food) that started to feel really good and something I did for fun.

It was also further motivation, because I want to be working out to get stronger and more fit, not just to cancel out a piece of cake :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There are some AMAZING Why stories. Thank you all for sharing with me!