My Cute Clothes Aren't Cute Anymore

Options
hkmurphy83
hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
And that is an AMAZING feeling. Every item of clothing in my closet that used to be my go-to items when I wanted to feel good about myself now hang on me like sacks. Today I am wearing a dress that I loved when I bought it (9 years ago), couldn't wear for like 5 years in the middle because I was too big, now hangs on my like a sack dress. It used to hug all my curves and made me feel sexy. Now it hangs on me, and I love it even more! Sorry, but I just wanted to share. It sucks because I'm going to have to slowly replace all my favorite pieces with new ones, but it is visual proof for me that I have lost 70.8 lbs (which I just hit this morning!)!!!

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know the feeling! I just removed 4 garbage bags full of clothes out of my closet!
  • Jennas125
    Jennas125 Posts: 16
    Options
    So happy for u! Congrats! I have a pair of jeans and a sundress i am currently working on to just get into lol. Trfy going to Platos closet or some other store like that to slowly replace ur clothes. it gets expensive i know from when i had to buy bigger clothes that would just fit me. Now i cant wait to either donate or give away all my clothes when i can back into the ones that have been hanging at the back of my closet for a few years!
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! Someone is going to be super happy with their thrift store finds too, no doubt! ;)

And shopping for a smaller body is so much fun! Have a blast!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

It is indeed a bittersweet moment when you have to switch out your wardrobe because the old one is too big.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congratulations-and I, too, am getting rid of stuff. Nothing cute-bought whatever fit! 4 bags gone..and the cute stuff is slowly making it's way into my closet! You look amazing!
  • SoVeracious
    SoVeracious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I am getting in the same place now. My main issues has been with pants. I bought some really cute pants in March for my May 3rd birthday. By the time I put them on they fit like parachutes. I was happy and mad all at the same time...lol
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What an awesome problem to have! Terrific job!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    YAY, time for some new cute clothes!

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome feeling! But kind of sad at the same time. I pulled out the bag that I put all my "fat" clothes in just to look back and try on :) and it did make me feel a little sad. It made me remember the old me, and I felt bad for her. Anyway, congrats!
  • Gracie1214
    Gracie1214 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    well done, my cute clothes await me in the wardrobe !
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That's so great! :flowerforyou:
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!! It has been a sad good-bye to some clothes I really loved and now I buy in stages as my size goes down and that's an absolute blast! Not there yet but enjoying the thrift stores. And two thrift stores in town have hit the jackpot with all my bags of clothes!! In fact, the pants I tried to hang onto thinking they were acceptable and I'm wearing today have stretched out from the dryer and are too baggy!! Into the bag they go!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling. The cheapskate in me cringes at the thought of buying more clothes, but then the part of me that has worked so damn hard is like, "I deserve it!" Congratulations, you deserve it!
  • belinda301
    belinda301 Posts: 3
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • cheshire1865
    Options
    Amazing work :D congratulations :D
  • cwood2002
    cwood2002 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on needing new cute clothes!!!!
    I have clothes that i am waiting (wieghting) to get back into!!!

Every once in a while I try them on, only to rip them off in frustration cuz they're still too small.
    I have been buying clothes over the last two years..........as I was busting out of the previous sizes - (mostly pants)
    I have so many sizes in my closet it looks like a store. I'm the only one who knows that I only wear less than half of the pants. :sad:

Thanks for the inspiration!. I'll keep pluggin away.:drinker:
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have already started my thrift store shopping and have found some great things that I wouldn't have even tried back in the day :laugh:
    Hooray!! Someone is going to be super happy with their thrift store finds too, no doubt! ;)

And shopping for a smaller body is so much fun! Have a blast!!

Congrats on your lost! I know that you are feeling awesome.
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I remember this one green shirt that I have. It was my go to shirt. Now when I wear it, it's really loose and doesn't look as good anymore! I know the feeling! Congratulations on losing 70.8 pounds!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!