lazy people

Options
I am pretty annoyed at people sometimes. They see what I am doing and how much fun I am having getting in shape and just having a better lifestyle, and they want to join in. Well, I'm all for it. But every single day there is an excuse as to why they can't do whatever.

Wanna go to the gym? Can't.

Wanna go for a walk? Can't.

Wanna come to my Hip Hop/Pound/Zumba class? Can't!

Well, you know what I CAN'T do anymore?! Care. Because if you don't care, why should I? Stop whining that you are over weight, that you want to be thinner, that you are tired of being a size 18 with no energy to play with your kids if you are not going to do anything about it. I have given more than enough opportunities for you to get off your butt and do something. I've even offered to pay for a class, just so you can see what it is like!

Part of it is my fault, I guess. I just want a work out partner so bad, but I am apparently looking in the wrong place. My friends only care about Gaming for the most part. Sometimes to even imply that the class I went to at 7 is 'interfering' with our Game night that also starts at 7...and they refuse to start with out me. Well, I refuse to skip my class so I can sit at a table for 4 hours Role Playing and rolling dice on my turn.

Ugh. Frustrating!

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    That sucks. :( I have learned I prefer to workout by myself so I don't have to worry about anyone else. It's way easier. You make friends at the gym anyway. :)
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Suggest LARPing. That or tell them you rolled a low initiative and you'll be at the gym until your turn comes up for combat.

(But seriously, they need to be more flexible. You've got a life, too.)
  • jadedjade24
    jadedjade24 Posts: 127
    Options
    Suggest LARPing. That or tell them you rolled a low initiative and you'll be at the gym until your turn comes up for combat.

(But seriously, they need to be more flexible. You've got a life, too.)

Ahh, I love this comment!

LARPing means they would have to be physically active. No go. I am just tired of people in general most of the time. I need better friends who actually care about what I am doing, and not only because it is cutting into time they want to be doing something else.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    << too lazy to read; not lazy enough not to post
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

ditto
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

ditto
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

ditto
  • closenre
    closenre Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Read it and understand!!! This is awesome... I meet so many people at work or where ever that are always saying how I look great and they want my help but then I check in and there all "well i was gonna start but this person came to visit" or whatever... STFU!!! its up to them.. dont stress about them... Let them be fat!!! LOL More attention for the ones who try!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

ditto
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options

ditto
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone wants to walk with me. I say "Only if you are going to really do it and and make it a real exercise, I don't like slow pokes!"
    "I love a brisk walk! This is going to be fun going with someone for a change!"
    Ok..... fine.... we go to the park, and I begin walking at a 12 minute mile, and they are hollering "Slow down! lets just take a slow stroll!" Then why did you say you wanted to walk with me..... :explode:
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I hate it when someone wants to walk with me. I say "Only if you are going to really do it and and make it a real exercise, I don't like slow pokes!"
    Ok..... fine.... we go to the park, and I begin walking at a 12 minute mile, and they are hollering "Slow down! lets just take a slow stroll!" Then why did you say you wanted to walk with me..... :explode:

^ This happens to me all the time. There's this one girl that's always asking to run with me. And every time it's the same thing. We're 200 yards into the run and she's already whining and complaining, and I'm like "just keep up!" So she tries again but she just can't do it. I think she's just lazy. I mean, my daughter is 7 but shouldn't she be able to keep up with me on a 10km? WTF?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Don't try to get them to go with you. This will be a whole lot more of a lonely "journey" if you try and find others to come with you. You will be nothing but disappointed.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Seek out some new friends....find them in the classes at your gym and things like that.

Life is too short to listen to whiners complain about things they aren't willing to make any effort to change!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

^ This happens to me all the time. There's this one girl that's always asking to run with me. And every time it's the same thing. We're 200 yards into the run and she's already whining and complaining, and I'm like "just keep up!" So she tries again but she just can't do it. I think she's just lazy. I mean, my daughter is 7 but shouldn't she be able to keep up with me on a 10km? WTF?
    UGH! It's even worse when people do it on a run! I tried letting my husband run with me and he does this. I finally just left him behind one day! He did not ask to run with me again.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I don't like to work out with anyone else, because I always get side track. If they can't keep up, I don't get the work out I had planned. My husband and I go to the gym together, but he goes his way and I go mine. We have different goals.

I have a pet peeve. I can't stand when people give every excuse in the book as to why they "can't" lose weight. I was talking to a lady the other day and she starts to tell me how she has hypothyroid (but she doesn't know what it's called, it's just her thyroid is slow), so I don't have a thyroid, next excuse, she's got knee problems, so do I. I'm constantly in pain, but I'm trying to build the muscles around the knee to give it stability. Then she starts telling me how she's always been over weight even as a kid, join the club I have too.

Maybe I've turned into a "B", but I've learned there are no excuses for me. I am either doing it or not. I don't look for encouragement or approval from anyone else. This is for me.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I am pretty annoyed at people sometimes. They see what I am doing and how much fun I am having getting in shape and just having a better lifestyle, and they want to join in. Well, I'm all for it. But every single day there is an excuse as to why they can't do whatever.

Wanna go to the gym? Can't.

Wanna go for a walk? Can't.

Wanna come to my Hip Hop/Pound/Zumba class? Can't!

Well, you know what I CAN'T do anymore?! Care. Because if you don't care, why should I? Stop whining that you are over weight, that you want to be thinner, that you are tired of being a size 18 with no energy to play with your kids if you are not going to do anything about it. I have given more than enough opportunities for you to get off your butt and do something. I've even offered to pay for a class, just so you can see what it is like!

Part of it is my fault, I guess. I just want a work out partner so bad, but I am apparently looking in the wrong place. My friends only care about Gaming for the most part. Sometimes to even imply that the class I went to at 7 is 'interfering' with our Game night that also starts at 7...and they refuse to start with out me. Well, I refuse to skip my class so I can sit at a table for 4 hours Role Playing and rolling dice on my turn.

Ugh. Frustrating!

i want a workout partner bad too, going to the gym by myself all the time feels lonely at times. screw fat lazy friends.
  • BeachIron
    Options

UGH! It's even worse when people do it on a run! I tried letting my husband run with me and he does this. I finally just left him behind one day! He did not ask to run with me again.

Yea, next time I'm 6-7km away from home, I'll try that. It's good for kids to hone their land navigation skills