PROGRESS PICS (13 months)

Options
Diary_Queen
Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
Here is a pic of my current progress from April 2012 until May 2013. I actually weigh less in the pic on the left -- yes, the 'before' pic! I weighed about 3 lbs. less than in the 'after' pic.

405605_478024622267321_901532402_n.jpg

I eat as best as I can for right now... that is constantly in flux. I've recently started working through Weight Watchers again to try to be less food obsessed, per instructions of my psychotherapist. Food addiction and obsession is a difficult thing to beat. I also have NES (night eating syndrome) where I binge eat in my sleep. It's kind of like sleep walking and is very closely related to my sleep schedule, stress level and coping skills I developed when my twins were babies (long story).

I work out heavily 3 times a week, I work out lightly 5 times a week with a 20-25 minute walk at lunch. My heavy workout days include a 4 mile walk/jog each Friday; a bootcamp style cardio/strength class each Wednesday; a 6-7 mile walk/jog one day per weekend. Granted, it's not like when I was doing p90x, but I want to be obsessed with life, not obsessed with anything else at this point - was driving myself mad!!!

Feel free to add me... just don't expect much from my diary until I get myself back on a better eating path :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Vicko25
    Vicko25 Posts: 45
    Options
    Congratulations my friend ! Keep going with the work outs and with what you think is best for you :) good progress, I have 5 days on myfitnesspal and I can tell it already feels different, plus the people on here is awesome, this is my new facebook now lol, sorry about your NES problem, but not gonna lie ! when I read NES I thought " Nintendo Entertainment System " lol sorry gamer here ^^, have a nice day :)
  • hrlacv
    hrlacv Posts: 1
    Options
    i JUST JOINED THIS SITE AND I FEEL MOTIVATED, MY GOAL IS TO WALK 1 HR 3 TIMES A WEEK AT LUNCH, DO ZUMBA CLASS ON WEDNESDAY AND EAT HEALTHIER. WILL CHECK WITH YOU GUYS TO GIVE YOU MY PROGRESS. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU IN YOUR ACHIEVEMENT KEKEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND KEEP ME MOTIVATED WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER.
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    ! when I read NES I thought " Nintendo Entertainment System " lol sorry gamer here ^^, have a nice day :)

Yup, my gamer mind thought the same exact thing at first....I was like 'What does having the old school Nintendo have to do with it?"

Queen, you are doing great! It takes time, we didn't gain the weight overnight & it sure won't come off overnight either. Keep working hard to best of your abilities & it will pay off!
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress and a fantastic inspiration! So glad ur my MFP friend as your journey keeps me motivated and determined to aspire to your success! Thank you DQ!! :)
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, sweets! You're doing so great!!!! :heart:
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Terrific progress! Your exercise program sounds very rigorous and it seems like you have gained quite a bit of muscle! Congrats and keep going!
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    I know the pics are a bit blurry, but I can see a difference in your face. It sounds like you are motivated, but yeah, that night time eating can cause a snag. I have a friend with that issue and it is always the strangest combinations of food.
    Remember, measurements show progress better than a scale will. Most scales are evil!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!