weight loss areas

Options
To date i have lost 30 pounds!!!!!!
BUT i seemed to have lost more weight all around then like around my belly.. i do every stomach exercise imaginable BUT my belly doesn't seem to get any smaller!!!!
wat should i do??

Replies

• FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    To date i have lost 30 pounds!!!!!!
    BUT i seemed to have lost more weight all around then like around my belly.. i do every stomach exercise imaginable BUT my belly doesn't seem to get any smaller!!!!
    wat should i do??
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Stick with it. Weight loss happens from the extremities first and the interior last. It will come together just hang in there.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    yoga and pilates....
  • karilynn
    karilynn Posts: 87
    Options
    i have the same prblm...any info on this would be great!
  • B TOWN
    B TOWN Posts: 32
    Options
    have the same problem too... any advice on stomach exercises? anyone know about good websites for this??
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    You can do all the exercise you want but if you have fat on your belly the muscles behind can't peek through. Unfortunately and annoyingly belly fat tends to be one of the last things to drop off. Stick with it and when your belly fat goes your abs will shine!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    belly fat is my enemy.
    It seems that no matter what my abs won't show, though the rest of my body has gotten smaller and tighter...

I'm not sure about this, but i've often heard that lots of cardio is the best way to get rid of that. So I've bumped up my cardio...which means i have less time to do strength.
    I guess I'm just going to keep sticking with it and changing my workouts until I find something that works.

If you find the "secret" to getting rid of a tummy, please tell! I'd appreciate it.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Everyone just stick with it. You didn't get that belly fat over night and it won't go away in a week. You can't just target one area. Stick with cardio, running is great for ab strength. Alternate days that you do your abs. Abs are a muscle to and they will build like a muscle, they need rest too! Make sure that you are doing your exercises the correct way, that sometimes helps. Ask you fitness people at your gym!
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Some information:
    "Q: Although I do crunches religiously, my abdominals aren't nearly as toned as I would like. I just can't seem to fatigue them, no matter how many reps I do. How can I add extra resistance to my abdominal workouts?

A: "It's quality, not quantity, that counts in any form of exercise, so 200 sloppy crunches will produce nothing compared to 20 core-conscious moves," says Scott Cole, co-author of Athletic Abs (Human Kinetics, 2003; $19) and creator of the Best Abs on Earth video (Natural Journeys, 2003; $20; both available at scottcole.com).

If you're not feeling resistance when you perform crunches, it's probably because you're making mistakes in technique, Cole says. For instance, you may be crunching too quickly instead of taking two full seconds to rise and two to lower, or you may be lifting from your shoulders and neck rather than from your torso. However, even a crunch performed correctly isn't the best exercise for your abs. Cole recommends more-challenging exercises that require your abdominals to function as stabilizers for your entire body and to work in conjunction with other muscle groups. For example, do your crunches on a stability ball. "Drape yourself backward over the ball, and begin your crunch with your head slightly below your hips," Cole says. This position uses gravity to provide more resistance. Plus, your abs (and other muscles) will have to work harder to keep your body from rolling off the ball.

In his book and video, Cole demonstrates dozens of challenging abdominal exercises using a variety of equipment. Our own SHAPE ... Your Abs DVD ($20; available at Shapeboutique.com) offers four five-minute ab routines incorporating a variety of our best toning moves. "

(http://www.shape.com/workouts/7781)

Workouts to try:
    http://www.shape.com/workouts/routines/129?page=1
    http://www.shape.com/workouts/routines/77
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/blsampleabs.htm

Have fun :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Remember guys, you can't target fat loss. In other words, no matter what exercise you do, cardio, weights, crunches, obliques. .. anything, it won't make your body target where it loses fat. That's not to say exercising these parts doesn't do anything, it will, when that fat does go away, you will already have a good base of muscle and it will look good. Where fat is taken from is up to your body, not your mind. All we can do is increase the rate (more exercise) and reduce the amount of energy comming in (how much/well we eat).