james Duncan

Options

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Precisely that bit was a little frustrating for me too as there aren't any proper portions. However I have done some research and spoken to other people that have done it. I am pretty sensible with portions any how so I will keep breakfast and dinner to my normal portion sizes.

However I will not be holding back on the all fruit lunches. Will post a thorough break down of food tomorrow.

A digital food scale might be worth your while for the other food, even if you don't decide to weigh the fruit. Especially for the meat. Most people have no clue what a real serving size of meat looks like (tiny!) I know I sure didn't.
  • blaise190
    Options
    [/quote]

A digital food scale might be worth your while for the other food, even if you don't decide to weigh the fruit. Especially for the meat. Most people have no clue what a real serving size of meat looks like (tiny!) I know I sure didn't.
    [/quote]

Yes, I remember when I was first properly educated about potion sizes. What a sad day that was! Yes I have and will be using scales.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Yes, I remember when I was first properly educated about potion sizes. What a sad day that was! Yes I have and will be using scales.

:laugh: Was a sad day for me, too. But after coming off low carb and going vegan, I'm astonished at how much roughage I can cram into a huge bowl and eat without going over calories for the day. I get to chow down on a huge volume of food now! Except trail-mix. Trail-mix is the tasty calorie dense bane of my existence.
  • monna32
    monna32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started this yeasterday! Day two was quite yummy, don't feel hungry at all. Discovered green tea again. Slightly dreading freaking lamb tomorrow but on Monday I will be over the hill!
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I guess you have to eat everything listed for each day. I hate tomatoes so I couldn't even do the first day, lol! Good luck to all that is trying it. I may google the diet and see the full set of rules.
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just read the original diet and rules on google. I guess I can leave the tomatoes out. I don't know if I will try this or not. I will think about it. ;o)
  • wuggums47
    wuggums47 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm inclined to think that fad diets aren't any more effective than regular dieting.
  • hanlewis7
    Options
    I started this today, didn't eat enough for lunch but held out for dinner. Added cucumber and celery to the salad.

Will stick it out as day two looks better than day one!
  • hanlewis7
    Options
    I lost 2.5lbs after one day!
    Very pleased with that, so cracking on with day 2!
  • nosferatu786
    Options
    Starting this diet on Monday.
    Not a big fan of tomatoes and boiled eggs just make me gag, but will try me best to stick it out.
  • sarah_buchan94
    sarah_buchan94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Started this today. Any excuse to have steak twice in one week, really..
  • nosferatu786
    Options
    The steaks sound so yum, I haven't had one in more weeks than I care to remember. Please keep us updated with your progress!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    bill-cosby-facepalm.gif
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hey, has anyone herd of the james duncan diet? if you have do you know if it's worth a try? :smile:
    Does he make cake?
    No but I do - that's the problem ;).

LOLOL_zpsbbe4968a.gif

...I can relate.
  • steffie36
    steffie36 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i'm on day two. I start at 137 and I've had to skip the dinner today (Can't afford steak, I'm a student) and i'm still 137. I'm really worried. I don't want to endure the whole thing and not loose any weight at all! I can't just maintain the whole things, cause that's a waste of effort. I don't even like grapefruit, but i'm eating it.
    Did everyone else see the results instantly?
    Should I wait until sunday to weigh myself?
    Is there a particular portion size i can have? I had a medium sized grilled chicken and medium eggs and stuff, but what if i'm not doing it right anyway? I need someone to tell me if the weight will stay the same for a while or not.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Ok, so i'm on day two. I start at 137 and I've had to skip the dinner today (Can't afford steak, I'm a student) and i'm still 137. I'm really worried. I don't want to endure the whole thing and not loose any weight at all! I can't just maintain the whole things, cause that's a waste of effort. I don't even like grapefruit, but i'm eating it.
    Did everyone else see the results instantly?
    Should I wait until sunday to weigh myself?
    Is there a particular portion size i can have? I had a medium sized grilled chicken and medium eggs and stuff, but what if i'm not doing it right anyway? I need someone to tell me if the weight will stay the same for a while or not.
    why even waste the time on this?

It's a particularly poorly designed "diet" to start with.

Why not just eat what you like, in proper portions, maintain a calorie deficit... and lose?

Instead of "EAT THIS ON THIS DAY, AND SOME OF THIS THE NEXT, BUT YOU HAVE TO GUESS HOW MUCH BECAUSE LOL" dietiing.

If it isn't even giving portion information, this is just ridiculous.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    The other Duncan diet I know of is the Dunkin' Donut diet. That's the one I'm one.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.5lbs after one day!
    Very pleased with that, so cracking on with day 2!

If you honestly think you can lose that amount of fat in a day, you maybe need to research reality. It is just water weight you lost.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This thread has everything. If I call bingo first do I get a prize? A kitten gif perhaps?
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Also, when I Googled "James Duncan diet" the third result was about fifty threads from myproana website. I think that tells you everything you need to know about this diet.