I hate luncheons!

Options
Now that I'm very carefully measuring my food and making healthy choices, I dread attending luncheons where you are served who knows what. I did very well today at eating the chicken salad (2 ice cream scoops, and it was very finely chopped so I couldn't see what was in it) without the croissant and the side salad with vinagrette dressing. Then I ate about the equivalent of two strawberries off of the cheese cake and took TWO very small bites of the cheesecake itself.

How do you count something that you have no clue about?? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to wing it. For the chicken salad, can you estimate the volume in cups? Look up chicken salad in the database and find one that has volume rather than weight. The side salad and dressing are rather generic. I would go with 2 tablespoons of dressing unless you know otherwise.

It does stink when you don't have choices but you just have to do the best you can. In the long run it matters more what you do at home, where you do most of your living.