21 calorie lemon lime large fluffy cookies!

Options

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    always looking for a good cookie and lemon is totally awesome!!!
  • pineapplenpears
    pineapplenpears Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump! Yummy
  • ladycanman
    ladycanman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump - yummy!
  • lambch0ps
    lambch0ps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Interesting, will have to try! I am curious as to what other gelatin flavors would taste like.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried making them yet?

I just had a go, and when they came out of the oven they'd formed a giant flat pancake instead of individual cookies (and I really struggled to get 5 small ones out of the mix incidentally let alone 6 large). I tried it anyway but it tasted really artificial and sour, I assume from the jello mix, so binned them. Don't know if I did something wrong, but rather disappointing! :-(
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Has anyone else tried making them yet?

I just had a go, and when they came out of the oven they'd formed a giant flat pancake instead of individual cookies (and I really struggled to get 5 small ones out of the mix incidentally let alone 6 large). I tried it anyway but it tasted really artificial and sour, I assume from the jello mix, so binned them. Don't know if I did something wrong, but rather disappointing! :-(

Hmmm? That's odd. I always get 6 out if mine. Also, when placing them on the pan, how flat did you make them? When making mine, I always make them a little taller because they will flatten a little. Also was your batter pretty thick? After mixing everything, the batter should be fluffy and thick. Sorry these didn't work for you! They always do splendid for me. As for the artificial taste, maybe you put in to much jello mix? That number was just an estimate, like I said I eyeballed it.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hmmm? That's odd. I always get 6 out if mine. Also, when placing them on the pan, how flat did you make them? When making mine, I always make them a little taller because they will flatten a little. Also was your batter pretty thick? After mixing everything, the batter should be fluffy and thick. Sorry these didn't work for you! They always do splendid for me. As for the artificial taste, maybe you put in to much jello mix? That number was just an estimate, like I said I eyeballed it.

It wasn't as thick as I imagined it should be in reality, even though I didn't put the full amount of lemon juice in (as I ran out), it certainly wasn't anything like fluffy. I think perhaps it could also be an issue of different products/translation since I'm in the UK and perhaps our jelly powder is different, also we don't have baking soda, we have baking powder and bicarb of soda and I never know which that is!
  • suthrnrose
    suthrnrose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will have to try these! Thanks!
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    interested in trying this. Thanks!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Wh...what???? Must make these immediately!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'd put a glaze on them of just a bit of powdered sugar mixed with a teeny bit of milk or water (you need to eyeball it to get the consistency where you want) or maybe a bit of lemon juice.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    nom nom nom gonna have to try these!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Bump to look at on my baking day.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    My mother is on a GF diet, and I cook for her.
  • DebraZ2012
    DebraZ2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump, thanks for sharing.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anybody else try these?