10 Things You Must Give Up To...

Options
Move Forward :heart:

1. Letting the opinions of others control your life
~ It's not what others think, it's what you think about yourself that counts
~You have to do exactly what's best for you and your life, not what's best for everyone else.

2. The shame of past failures
~Your past does not equal your future.
~All that matters is what you do right now!

3. Being indecisive about what you want
~ You will never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
~ Make a decision to figure out what you want, and then pursue it passionately.

4. Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you
~ There are two primary choices in life:
To accept conditions as they exist OR
Accept the responsibility for changing them
~ The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.

5. Choosing to do nothing
~ You don't get to choose how you are going to die, or when
~ You can only decide how you are going to live, RIGHT NOW
~ Every day is a new chance to choose

6. Your need to be right
~ Aim for success, but never give up your right to be wrong
~ Because when you do, you will also lose your ability to learn new things and move forward with your life

7. Running from problems that should be fixed
~ STOP RUNNING!!
~ Face these issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive and LOVE the people in your life who deserve it.

8. Making excuses rather than decisions
~ Most long-term failures are the outcome of people who make excuses instead of decisions

9. Overlooking the positive points in your life
~ What you see often depends entirely on what you're looking for
~ You will have a hard time ever being happy if you aren't thankful for the good things in your life right now

10. Not Appreciating the present moment
~ Too often we try to accomplish something big without realizing that the greatest part of life is made up of the little things

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I believe that this can not only be applied to the weight loss process which is usually more than just fitness and physical health but to our everyday lives.
Wonder why you keep running the hampster wheel and getting nowhere?
Probably has little to do with your calories - unless you're bingeing or eating like shizt and more to do with your emotional and mental state. While working on the physical do not neglect the mental and emotional side of this process and change.

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: needed this today and right now! :flowerforyou:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump. LOVE THIS!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Made 10 copies! :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Move Forward :heart:

1. Letting the opinions of others control your life
    ~ It's not what others think, it's what you think about yourself that counts
    ~You have to do exactly what's best for you and your life, not what's best for everyone else.

2. The shame of past failures
    ~Your past does not equal your future.
    ~All that matters is what you do right now!

3. Being indecisive about what you want
    ~ You will never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
    ~ Make a decision to figure out what you want, and then pursue it passionately.

4. Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you
    ~ There are two primary choices in life:
    To accept conditions as they exist OR
    Accept the responsibility for changing them
    ~ The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.

5. Choosing to do nothing
    ~ You don't get to choose how you are going to die, or when
    ~ You can only decide how you are going to live, RIGHT NOW
    ~ Every day is a new chance to choose

6. Your need to be right
    ~ Aim for success, but never give up your right to be wrong
    ~ Because when you do, you will also lose your ability to learn new things and move forward with your life

7. Running from problems that should be fixed
    ~ STOP RUNNING!!
    ~ Face these issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive and LOVE the people in your life who deserve it.

8. Making excuses rather than decisions
    ~ Most long-term failures are the outcome of people who make excuses instead of decisions

9. Overlooking the positive points in your life
    ~ What you see often depends entirely on what you're looking for
    ~ You will have a hard time ever being happy if you aren't thankful for the good things in your life right now

10. Not Appreciating the present moment
    ~ Too often we try to accomplish something big without realizing that the greatest part of life is made up of the little things

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I believe that this can not only be applied to the weight loss process which is usually more than just fitness and physical health but to our everyday lives.
    Wonder why you keep running the hampster wheel and getting nowhere?
    Probably has little to do with your calories - unless you're bingeing or eating like shizt and more to do with your emotional and mental state. While working on the physical do not neglect the mental and emotional side of this process and change.
    :heart: nice list compiled... thank you:flowerforyou:
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OH!! I needed this!!! :flowerforyou: Thank You!
  • chiquitacraig
    chiquitacraig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to print this out and hang it next to my desk at work to keep me motivated! Thank you!
  • thinfifi
    thinfifi Posts: 7
    Options
    Some great words of wisdom to kick off my day :)
  • jennbme24
    jennbme24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same, and thank you I needed to hear this today!
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Lovely! :heart:
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'd like to take credit....however I saw this list somewhere and decided I should print it myself haha

I'm glad others could relate
  • SylLab
    SylLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What a nice post! Thank you for that. It's nice to see positive topics every once and a while!!
  • SusieDerkinsRocks
    SusieDerkinsRocks Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Keeping! This is right on!! :flowerforyou:
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Whilst your posts are lovely and inspiring I'd rather think about the good things I let into my life instead of the things I'm giving up. 1. Awesome sportswear 2. New gym friends and exercise partners 3. A whole world of healthy food I used to dismiss as "boring" 3. An enjoyable experience of clothes shopping 4. Less risk of diabetes, a common occurance in my family 5. Having toned limbs and muscles you can actually see and flex 6. Eating properly, not till I feel I'm going to puke 7. Running like you never thought you could run before 8. Increased energy levels 9. Ties in with number eight, but being able to appreciate early mornings 10. Saying goodbye to my extreme ashtma attacks
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Good, I was worried this was going to be about food! :laugh:
  • BeinAwesome247
    Options
    Whilst your posts are lovely and inspiring I'd rather think about the good things I let into my life instead of the things I'm giving up. 1. Awesome sportswear 2. New gym friends and exercise partners 3. A whole world of healthy food I used to dismiss as "boring" 3. An enjoyable experience of clothes shopping 4. Less risk of diabetes, a common occurance in my family 5. Having toned limbs and muscles you can actually see and flex 6. Eating properly, not till I feel I'm going to puke 7. Running like you never thought you could run before 8. Increased energy levels 9. Ties in with number eight, but being able to appreciate early mornings 10. Saying goodbye to my extreme ashtma attacks

This is a fantastic list!
  • BeinAwesome247
    Options
    Good, I was worried this was going to be about food! :laugh:

hahaha I figured some would think that first ;)

I don't believe in giving up food unless there are medical reasons behind it
    Example: my gallbladder doesn't enjoy the same level of caffiene that I enjoy - we are at odds at the moment over this