Am sooo annoyed with myself.

Options
I am so cross with myself. I lost 2 stone starting last June to october. I did tonnes of exercise. I tracked everything on mfp, I cut down on the drinking, I stopped buying wine in the house so I couldn't be tempted but still drank when i went out so i didnt feel deprived. When I hit target I kept going as it was coming off so easily. I was really enjoying it. I signed up for a 10k, triathlon, really worked hard. Once I hit my 2nd target I felt great. I stopped then as I didn't want to lose any more as I thought whilst I can lose more, I don't want to as I knew it would be hard to maintain. I stopped when I dropped a dress size to a (UK) 14 and at 5ft 9 I was happy with that.

So now....I have stopped tracking my cals, thinking well I can eat what I want, exercise and still maintain. Which worked for a while, but I have just weighed myself and I think I have put on 9lb since I hit my 2nd target of 11st 4. I am still a 14 and the husband says I look better than I did at my "skinniest" but I am still cross with myself.

I think a lot of it is to do with when you are losing weight everyone tells you how great you look and it gives you a massive boost, and when that stops you don't feel as special anymore I guess. So you (I) stop making an effort.

I'm still exercising, I'm running around 8 miles a week over 2 sessions, a circuit class once a week and a couple of insanity sessions. So I think I am doing enough exercise I am just eating and drinking way too much. Like today I knew Husband wasn't home for tea so I had fish and chips for lunch (a relatively small portion but still!) and I planned on having a small tea but I was starving so I have just made creamy pasta washed down with a glass of pino! Why????

The annoying thing is I am going to Lanzarote for 2 weeks all inclusive in 3 weeks and I was kind of looking forward to not feeling fat, but whilst I know I'm not as big as I was, I am annoyed I won't feel my best

I know the answer is to start logging my food again so why the hell don't I just do it?

Replies

• marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think it's very important to get back to logging as soon as possible. You've fallen into the "diet syndrome" where you did great while you were on the diet - and as soon as you reached the goal, you stopped dieting. You have to accept the fact that this is a way of life, not a diet. You'll always have to be aware of what you are eating. If you don't want to spend the time to log it on the computer, get a notebook and journal it. I'm sure you've got a good idea of the calorie counts of most of the food you are eating - so just jot down the menu in a notebook. That should give you the accountability you need to stay on track.

You've done a great job reaching your goal -- now don't let the pounds come back!! :flowerforyou:

Mary
  • cwood2002
    cwood2002 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ...............and I planned on having a small tea but I was starving so I have just made creamy pasta washed down with a glass of pino! Why????

Did you say why???? the question is WHY NOT!!?? I"M a sucker for creamy pasta and some pino!!:drinker:

The thing is ...............you are still excercising - that is fantastic!
    There is nothing wrong with indulging in these foods, (and drinks :) )
    For me I look at what I was doing before and what I am doing NOW.

Before, I would have eaten a whole plate and drank two glasses or more.....
    Now I allow myself to have a smaller portion IF the rest of my meal is healthy. (And only one glass - ok I'm lying TWO glasses of Pino. )
    All in all, i know that i have made lots of positive changes in my life, and (unlike you) I still have yet to get up off my butt and WORK IT!!

So, don't be hard on yourself you just have to get back into the good habits, and cut yourself some slack.
  • susuenglish
    susuenglish Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. cwood you made me laugh. My tea was bloody gorgeous. And I *MAY* have had another glass of wine.

Marygee I have no excuse for not tracking, I have my phone on me all of the time. You are right it's such a cliche that I was sure I wouldn't fall into and here I am! So annoying!! Right. My promise to you is that I will start tracking tomorrow. So there - I've said it.
  • izzylew
    izzylew Posts: 30
    Options
    if youre still the same size but have gained weight, youre probably gaining muscle! YAY!
  • susuenglish
    susuenglish Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You know I never thought of that! Although I do think my belly is a bit wobblier (is that even a word??) I know I'm eating crap I just need to stop. And start logging again.