Is it okay to occasionally net below your bmr?

Options
Today for the first time in weeks I managed to eat below my bmr, which is odd since today was sort of a cheat day....

2 slices of dominoes cheese pizza *cough*cough*

I managed to net 1379 with a goal of 1700. My bmr is around 1600. Today I exercised for about 30 minutes on my stationary bike. I am wondering will this 321 calorie make a grave difference for my next day? I don't want to gain back what I am loosing because of insufficient calories.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just meet your weekly goals. You could even fast for a few days and be fine as long as you make up for it later during the week.
  • Emmerz85
    Emmerz85 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey Hey,

Are you saying all you ate all day was 2 slices of pizza????

I also go under my goal sometimes. I have it set at 1200 a day. In case your calorie plan is 1500, for example, you could still lose weight and not eat that many calories. However, there is a line where the body feels the need to store calories, termed 'starvation mode'. So I wouldn't do this on a regular basis.

Are you familiar with the area of the site that tells you where you stand with your Carb/Fat/Protein totals? It's possible at the end of these low-calorie days that you may not have gotten enough protein, fiber, or fat, for example. You could then make an educated decision to eat something that contains those nutrients your body needed but did not get.

Em
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The answer to any question that begins with "Is it okay if you occasionally..." Is always going to be YES! As long as you can keep it to "occasionally" it won't hurt you in the least.
  • Angel4ever44
    Angel4ever44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nonono I didn't just eat the pizza. I'm desperate but not that desperate. I ate my normal breakfast and lunch with snacks in between.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    u dont d o cheat days u record everything u eat
    u exercise
    u stay under caleries
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Of course it is.
  • Angel4ever44
    Options
    Okay! Thanks for the replies everyone.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Some people "zig-zag" their calories on purpose .....going under is no big deal ... just don't do it all the time.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nonono I didn't just eat the pizza. I'm desperate but not that desperate. I ate my normal breakfast and lunch with snacks in between.

something isn't adding up here.
  • Angel4ever44
    Options
    Huh??? 2 slices=760 cal... I netted 1379 because I exercised for 30 min adding on about 357 cal.