EAS Products

Options
Has anyone tried any of the EAS products??

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I use the AdvantEDGE® 'shakes'. They are fine.
  • MarieS1967
    MarieS1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just recently purchased the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control. I will be having it for lunch today in order to control calories for the holiday weekend. My son says that are OK in a pinch, but that is it better to mix it from powder when you need it. He read about a study that indicates the protein may lose value due to shelf life.
  • mspnst8
    mspnst8 Posts: 9
    Options
    I use them all the time. They taste horrible at first but you develop a taste for them after awhile. I try to eat six smaller meals a day so I generally use one after my workout (I heard that's the best time to drink them). I prefer the ones that are already mixed because they are simple and I can take them on the run.
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    Eas is all junk. They put no care into the quality of their products. They are typically high in saturated fats, have virtually no biological availability , and every EAS product manufactured contains artificial ingredients. If you want to get healthy EAS is not the way to go they do not have your best interest at heart just their bottom line
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Eas is all junk. They put no care into the quality of their products. They are typically high in saturated fats, have virtually no biological availability , and every EAS product manufactured contains artificial ingredients. If you want to get healthy EAS is not the way to go they do not have your best interest at heart just their bottom line

I can't dispute what you are saying, your avatar speaks for itself, but I don't find these 'shakes' to be high in anything except protein:

Nutritional Information
    Serving Size: 11 fl oz (330 mL)
    Calories: 110
    Calories from Fat: 25
    Total Fat: 3g - 5%
    Saturated Fat:0g - 0%
    Trans Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 20mg - 7%
    Sodium: 280mg - 12%
    Potassium:540mg - 15%
    Total Carbohydrate: 4g - 1%
    Dietary Fiber: 2g - 8%
    Sugars: 0g
    Protein: 17g - 34%

I agree there seems to be some artifical ingredients. :flowerforyou:

I don't live on them but they do make nice supplement on those days when I use them.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    As I read this post, I happened to be sitting sipping my protein shake of choice -Premier Low Fat Protein, and I compared the label to the nutritional info previously posted. They are comparable except for one important area. A Premier shake, also 11 oz, has 110 calories AND **30** grams of protein--quite a difference from the 17 of EAS. The rest of the stats are very similar, a little higher in sodium (330 mg) but also higher in potassium ( 680mg), 1 more gram of carbs.

The reason I mention this, is I agree, EAS taste like CR**!! And life is too short to drink something I have to "get used to." LOL The taste of the Premier chocolate flavore is reasonably pleasant with no aftertaste. I also like the fact that I can purchase a package of 18 ready to drink shakes at Costco for $23.49 (US), which is a heck of a lot cheaper than EAS, even at Walmart.

I usually have 1/2 a shake each morning as part of my breakfast because I have found that if I eat at least 1/3 of my protein for the day in the morning I have more energy and am less likely to get the "hungries" later in the day.

Yes, there are artificial ingredients--that's life. I don't have much else in my diet that is processed, other than the occasional frozen entree, and I like the idea of a simple way to keep my protein up without having to fiddle with powders and a blender.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    A Premier shake, also 11 oz, has 110 calories AND **30** grams of protein-

Not possible. Do the math.