Low cal macaroni salad?

Options
lucky1ns
lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
Does anybody have a recipe they care to share?

I put this in the community search engine and it pulled up alot of posts having nothing to do with macaroni salad.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you like in your macaroni salad, but we do a pasta salad with whole wheat shells, TONS of cucumbers, tomatoes and green peppers cubed into smaller than bite sized cubes and put just a little Kraft Zesty Italian (can be fat free, low fat or full fat) on the salad to help it stick together. Let it sit overnight, then bring each serving back to room temp (I hate cold veggies) and it's AWESOME. I grew up on that, watermelon, tomato and cantaloupe. Funny how I got fat after I stopped eating like that and ate McDonald's 3 meals a day, right? :wink: You might love it!!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I agree it depends on what you want it in! Basically take your normal pasta salad and switch the white pasta for whole wheat, the regular dressing (whatever you put on yours, mayo, miracle whip, salad dressing) for low fat or no fat dressing and add in lots of veggies (broccoli, red onion, celery, pickles, cucumber) and it will be lower calorie and fat than a regular one!