Am I doing this right? I really want to lose weight

I'm 5'6, 181 pounds, 18 years old. Right now, I'm averaging around 1150-1400 net calories a day (So, actual food wise, I'll eat between 1300-1500, 1700 on a bad day) . I go to the gym everyday, and I'll end up burning around 250-400 calories a day. Depends on how much I eat that day. I don't each any white rice, white pasta, etc. Basically, the only sort of type of food like that I'm eating is oatmeal, cereal, and wheat bread. I eat lean meats (mostly chicken, I don't eat red meat or fish). I measure out everything to make sure I get the exact amount of calories. All I drink is water, soy milk (I hate dairy) and when I make green tea, I'll add maybe 1/4 cup of lemonade to sweeten it up a little.

I don't know if this will help me lose weight, if I'll end up gaining weight. Oh, I forgot, I also take a multivitamin everyday, and part of my calories is a protein shake with some vitamins and stuff I have for lunch (I'm in school, and I don't have time to make lunch to bring. it's the GNC total lean)

I really want to be AT LEAST 150 pounds by September 1st... ugh, all I think about is losing weight, and I'm so obsessive over food and exercise. I just want to be happy, and I need to know if I'm doing this right.

Replies

• LisaMBudd
    LisaMBudd Posts: 15
    Break up your calories and eat every two to three hours. I am working with a nutritionist who has me eating 1300 calories - 6 meals a day. I am never hungry and I have been losing about 2 1/2 pounds a week. He also has me on weights two times a week and cardio four times a week. This is the first program that has worked for me. Hope this helps.