Postpartum Compression Band

Options
Hello everyone!

I will be having my 3rd child in 3 weeks and would like opinions on compression bands. With my 1st I purchased the belly bandit, hated the bulkiness and the way it rode up. with #2 I used the generic one the hospital provided. Neither seemed to do much for me. This time around i'd like to get something that really works(since its my last child). Any advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Really works for what? Back support? Abdominal support? What are your shopping criterion?
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support but more to help shrink size.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I purchased one but honestly didn't use it much because it gets so uncomfortable when you sit down. It did help some I'll have to look at it later to tell u the brand. But breastfeeding helps the uterus shrink back and I also noticed that it shrunk back a lot with my first period pp.
  • wyattsmomvanessa
    Options
    I have a generic one, and I can't really tell if it has helped. As the previous poster said, it is pretty uncomfortable.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to make all the organs go back into place faster (they get squished out of their normal spaces during pregnancy). I couldn't afford one, and making my own didn't work. Here's a link to an article I read where the lady said one helped her get back to a reasonable size faster than any previous pregnancy (it was her 5th baby): http://www.themodestmomblog.com/2012/02/postpartum-tummy-wrapping/