Hello all

Options
Just wanted to say Hello. This is my first time using this site and my second day since joining. I'm finding it extremely helpful so far. Tracking my food and exercise helps me to be accountable. Hope I can STAY MOTIVATED! I have a question though, I haven't met my calorie intake goal( fell short) for both days. Can that turn out to be a bad thing in the long run? Will I be able to lose weight if I'm not eating enough? Would love some input
I look forward to meeting my goals and I hope I can count on some of you to help me stay motivated. I hope I can help motivate some of you as well. Take it one day at a time.

Replies

• ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have nothing but time on my hands to read forums at work. I stumbled upon this and was quite surprised. Most newcomers are too concerned with staying under, ore are setting their cal count too low to be acheivable. It is nice to see someone who is actually starting their journey in the right frame of mind.

I'd take a few minutes to check your BMR, and adjust a calorie goal from the Apps section above and see where it sets you. If it gives you a number, try to stay under it, but don't get too hung up on the numbers. eating too little can be just as counterproductive as eating too much.

Good luck.