keep going under 1200 :(

Options
Okay, here's the deal. I've been really tracking my calories the past week and I can't seem to even make 1200 anymore.
I KNOW this isn't good for me. I started eating clean, aka no processed foods, or as little as possible.Lots of high protein. I drink a lot of water, and I feel like I'm eating all the time, but when it comes to the end of the day I haven't consumed enough.
In the morning I usually start my day off with a fruit smoothie, and add spinach and a little yogurt. it can range from 300-450 calories.
and through out the day I'll snack on veggies and fruit. and have a chicken breast, fish, sometimes lean red meat, or eggs.
Also, I'm not a huge pasta person.I'm also okay with eating fats, as long as their healthy, they really help keep the body going.

I really would like some high calorie foods ideas that are healthy and clean to keep my calorie intake up. I run a lot,I really noticed how my low cals were affecting my run today and it freaked me out, I was so slow and it was just hard to keep a steady pace.

please give me POSITIVE feedback. I know this isn't healthy obviously, that's why I'm asking for help.

& believe me I LOVE to eat.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    More yogurt in the smoothie, nuts, nut butters, avocado, use coconut & olive oils in dressings and for cooking, full fat dairy - small portions of these foods pack a lot of good calories in so you can reach your goal without heaping tons of food on your plate.

Snack on sliced apples or banana dipped in peanut butter, grab some cheese and an apple, it's a tasty combination, avocado can go in a smoothie, or with eggs, on a salad, with just about anything....handful of raw almonds or walnuts makes a good snack, or chop them and toss onto a salad.
  • rajendra82
    rajendra82 Posts: 20
    Options
    Nuts are great. You don't have to eat more than 1/2 cup, and you would have nice 300 calories that keep you feeling satisfied. I also like 2% greek yogurt with some olive oil and salt or with a tablespoon of honey. Dark chocolate is also a good idea.
  • samanthajo1994
    Options
    THANK YOU!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I am glad you realize this isn't healthy, and I am also glad that you seem to have a good grasp of what's healthy! That's a great start.

I know you said you are eating but it "feels like" you're eating a lot. I recommend trying to kinda get out of that mindset. Realize that just because it feels like you've eaten a lot, doesn't mean you've eaten a lot of calories. Today I had chicken and fries for lunch, rice and beef for dinner, a piece of pie, an orange, and cottage cheese with fruit. I felt like I ate so much, but I'm under by about 400 calories today (which still puts me at about 1600 net after exercise.)

I suggest adding things like nut butters, avocados (!!!), raw nuts, keep up with the lean meats but maybe eat bigger portions. Veggies and fruits are great for you, and they can really add up throughout the day. You can try cooking your lean meats in olive oil. It's full of healthy fats and calories, and adds loads of flavor to most things :)

Also make sure you're getting your protein and carbs. Brown rice is a great option, and white rice is a good option too and is a bit less filling. Just make sure you don't get the bleached, processed stuff :sick: Eggs are good. Eat the whole egg. You will be fine, promise. None of this silly egg white stuff if you're having a problem reaching your calorie goals! :flowerforyou:

Hope I helped a bit, feel free to add!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Just un-eat any calories that you go over.
    Xl8pjnl.gif

like this guy.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Xl8pjnl.gif

like this guy.

:laugh:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Xl8pjnl.gif

like this guy.

58124423_nodding_gif.gif