Fever, Soreness, Aches and Pains from working out too much?

Options
I have had a fever for 3 days and aches and pains, no appetite. No cold or sore throat though. I was wondering if this is from working out too much? I had been hitting gym everyday the past week and the day before fever kicked in I worked out hard 3 different times that day. Something similar to this happened to me after a personal training session years ago.

Replies

• Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Sounds like the flu
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You could be wearing yourself out - I have seen it happen before...but not with a fever. Fever usually signals some sort of bad bacteria or virus...

But, if you think it is related to too much working out, then it may well be. Make sure you are eating enough and working out reasonably - my trainer and several books I've read suggest 3 hard workout days and 4 rest days (but also say you could do fun cardio stuff on 2 of the rest days - hiking, running, walking, whatever). Your body needs to be fueled properly and rested enough to stay healthy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    hard workouts can lower your immune system efficiency. 3 workouts in one day? maybe you should ease off the throttle a little there, hoss.