Ladies who run who have toned legs

Options
I have been running for three years now and I do it everyday. I love the muscle and toned look of my legs, but I noticed my top part of my legs (from hips to knee) are getting rather wide. Anyone else out there that has this going on? I love to run and can't imagine changing my workouts to anything else, I do 30 minutes situps, pushups & crunches too then I run. I really need to tighten my tummy. Thats another thing, I had a C-section with my little boy and was told I will never get it fully tightened back b/c of it. Anyways, if your a runner and have wide upper legs feel free to comment :ohwell:

Replies

• laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I run, and have "thunder thighs", but I don't think there's a correlation LOL. I just have big legs. Running doesn't exactly build muscle, but I have noticed at times that my leg muscle gets more defined when I run, especially as I lose the fat, so they just seem bigger.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm no help. Just bumping to see what others say. I've been running for decades and I :heart: my legs. I never noticed a widening of my legs, just nice definition in my legs and abs.