Can I set a Japanese Fitbit to use in English?

Options
camtosh
camtosh Posts: 898 Member
I am thinking about buying a Fitbit One here in Tokyo, but hesitate over the software language. If it is set in Japanese, can I reset it to work in English and use the U.S. site to log in?

The Fitbit One is sold by Amazon.co.jp here for 9,000 yen (~$90), and also by Softbank, which is a phone service provider. I read that Softbank is introducing the Flex too, and they want people to sign up for a "health service" that will motivate them and pay about $5 a month for a 2-year contract. Yup, one born every minute...:noway:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/7/4307612/fitbit-flex-subsidized-in-japan-with-softbank-healthcare

Replies

• camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Well, no answer to that question. So I visited Softbank's Ginza store, which boasts English speaking staff. None were available. So spoke to the girl in Jpnese, asked if the Fitbit One (10,080 yen to buy) or Fitbit Zip (5,900 yen I think) could be used in English if bought in Japan. I.e., was there any difference in the language?

Seems like No, the software is just numbers and icons, so when it syncs, it syncs in whatever language your iphone is set to, and to whatever language the website you use to track your numbers on is set to.

Guess I might order one from Amazon.co.jp then, as the FB One is 9,000 yen on that site.