Anybody else who creates their diary in advance?

Options
Does anybody create their diary in advance? I work out what I'm going to eat all through the day then log it in my diary first thing in the morning. It guides me, also, I'll have a rough idea how many calories I'll have left at the end of the day other than being hit with a surprise. Same goes for my exercise though this can be adjusted +-

Anybody else using this method?

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I sometimes create shopping lists of foods I want to add to recipes throughout the week, and then decide when I am going to eat them - and record them in my diary. Otherwise, I will plan 1-2 days ahead and add things in so I know where I stand. :-) I keeps my sanity! And I always love to know what I am going to eat - have something to look forward to, instead of thinking what to have!
  • vstraughan
    vstraughan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do. Use it as a planner. It also keeps me disciplined i.e. if I log it, then it sucks to delete it, especially when other people can see my food & exercise diary
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Atleast a week in advance.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I plan for the day ahead, weigh and make my lunch/food and decide what I want to achieve at the gym for the day!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I often do it the night before or in the morning and plan my exercise too. I often change/add things as I go along but it gives me an idea of how much I can eat that day.
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    I complete most of my diary first thing, then I have a idea for the day and what I need to burn and which meal I need to increase calories, carbs, protein etc..
  • fushouka
    fushouka Posts: 9
    Options
    I plan food the day before without fail. I'm recovering from an ED though, so it helps me not panic when I feel hungry because I know exactly what I'll eat. I leave a few hundred calories for snacks through the day so I know I have room for a few cookies or a banana or something, or if at the last minute I decide I'm eating out instead of at home it gives me a buffer to have a larger lunch or a dessert.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I used to when I was at work. I'd prepare everything the night before because I pretty much had to with a toddler. Now I'm at home I generally don't. Not sure why but I just don't.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I like to get it done in advance but everytime I think yes thats it thats today/tomorrow sorted something happens and I have to change loads... lol x
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i do every morning, input the food with weights and measure it accurately so I know what is remaining and how much I should burn...
  • QuietRain
    QuietRain Posts: 157
    Options
    I pre-log my day right before bed.
    eta:: food only.
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I used to when I was at work. I'd prepare everything the night before because I pretty much had to with a toddler. Now I'm at home I generally don't. Not sure why but I just don't.
    Me too. Now that I'm not working, I tend to decide at lunch time what I'm going to eat (which probably means I don't have such nutritious lunches).

I don't log exercise until it's completed though
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I usually use it to plan out in advance my meals. Superb way to keep on target and get the most meal for your calories. :)
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I frequently do, because I do other stuff in the evenings. I now have a huge number of my personal favourite recipes saved, and it makes it really easy to pre-log once my husband and I have decided what we want for dinner. Then I can weigh up what, if any treats I'm allowed after dinner from what I have left.

I do make sure though, that if I eat anything extra, that I log it the following day, so I can look back and see it.
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I log as much as possible first thing in the morning - just don't log dinner sometimes as I'm unsure as to what I'll end up eating if it's late. Helps me see that I'm eating healthily and gives me a positive vibe :) Log my exercise after I've completed it.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I usually do a day or two in advance. I do a lot of meal prep & have my meals packaged to go in containers for work. This helps me plan out my week & keep track of my calories. If it's already in my diary I feel like i'm less likely to cheat with bad stuff!
  • kezzak2010
    kezzak2010 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i like to log dinner in first and work rest day out around evening time. i also work 4-5 days in advance :D x
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Anybody else using this method?

Yes for food, no for exercise.

I find it easier to hit my various targets by planning in advance especially when eating at set sessions. I'll mainly do it the previous night if I can.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    no i record it as it happens, I fill in my lunch meals when I get to work from the contents of my lunch box
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I log the night before and try really hard to stick to my plan. Sometimes I fail. I will fail 100% of the time if I don't log, so pre-logging has gotten to be a daily habit for me.