Going the 5:2 way! Anyone else on that train?

Options
From Monday next week I will be adopting the 5:2 way of dieting (or living). Really excited to try it. I have a few friends who have already done it and been successful, but if anyone else is doing it feel free to add me, or invite me to add you! :happy:

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I do 16/8 (daily) but right on man!
  • TinaLRoman
    TinaLRoman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I do Eat Stop Eat, which is technically the same thing as 5:2
  • nomesw84
    nomesw84 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did 5:2 for about 4 months and loved it!

Have stoped for a bit recently as getting married in 2 weeks so don't want to lose anymore weight now my dress fits perfectly but will be going back to it after the honeymoon (I think I'll need it by then)!

Feel free to add me anyone :-)
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am on the 2 day diet! On my second day of fasting today! Very new to all this IF stuff! Yesterday was a breeze but I have just started the second day, fingers crossed I get on okay today!

Add me as a friend if you like, more support the better.

I have just signed up with the 5:2 group on Facebook......... here is the link if you fancy joining -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187492001383720/

Have fun!

Lisa x :o))
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since August and have found it really good.

Have you found the two froups on here?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8628-5-2-diet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it since August and have found it really good.

Have you found the two froups on here?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8628-5-2-diet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting
    Thanks mate! I am also new to IF lifestyle :o))
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Question
    I've thought about this too but have been put off as I exercise every day and am concerned that I would burn out with the sheer lack of food? How do you other folks get around this? All the best with it anyway.
  • kmr103433
    kmr103433 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm living 5:2 as well. I've been doing it 3-4 weeks. Didn't have a scale when I started, but I'm definitely down at least 10 pounds in that time. Some fasting days are great and some I'm starving. I definitely feel more alert either way, but have found exercising won't work for me on fast days, other than a little walking.

Nothing has worked this well for me in the past.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Question
    I've thought about this too but have been put off as I exercise every day and am concerned that I would burn out with the sheer lack of food? How do you other folks get around this? All the best with it anyway.

Most people have their two fasting days as "quiet days" - still active but maybe not intense exercise. I mostly have the fast days as my rest days but a "nomal" one hour cardio or weights session isn't a real problem. I wouldn't do a high intensity cardio session though. There is a period of adjustment (whether physiological or just mental) but exercise fasted does become easier once you are in the habit

As I'm maintaining it makes my 5 "normal" eating days a calorie surplus (to even out over the week) which helps when you are trying to recomp or progress with muscle development.
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    Yeah, I'm giving it a go. Not sure how long I'll last, but it's worth a try! Feel free to send a request.
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Question

I find it's ok but then I seem to be able to go for quite long stretches without eating which is why I was attracted to 5:2 in the first place. On the other hand I know people that feel faint in the afternoon if they miss lunch. It's all about knowing your own body. Try it and see but be prepared to take it easy, quit early.
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 2nd week. I like it so far. Lost 2 lbs and I feel great.
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi I've sent friend request :) I've been doing this for a couple of months , as for exercise I prefer my fast day workouts , I walked 8.8 miles whilst fasting on Wednesday :)
  • Ms_Curly
    Ms_Curly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I considered this, but feel that I wouldn't have the self control if "let loose" to eat and drink whatever I want on those two days of freedom lol. My willpower isn't the best as it is so I'm sticking to the the more structured "own what you eat" approach for now. Wish you guys all the best though, let us know how you go!
  • mefit87
    mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What is the 5:2 diet?
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if I am understanding this correctly but does this mean you do not eat 2 days out of the week and then eat normally the other 5? Are those two days in a row? That sounds awful. And unhealthy. And bad for your metabolism. But I'm not a doctor so I don't know. I do know I like to eat!! Lol I do not think I will ever be trying this.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I'm thinking about trying it.
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of 5:2....Is it easy to adjust to? Do you eat nothing and drink only water 2x a week or do you eat a small amount? It sounds...interesting. However, is it something you are going to do the rest of your life? *searches google* !
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Im not sure if I am understanding this correctly but does this mean you do not eat 2 days out of the week and then eat normally the other 5? Are those two days in a row? That sounds awful. And unhealthy. And bad for your metabolism. But I'm not a doctor so I don't know. I do know I like to eat!! Lol I do not think I will ever be trying this.

No, you eat on the 2 days. And you aren't supposed to do them back to back. You just eat limited calories, about 500 for women. Then eat at your maintenance level the other 5 days. I definitely couldn't not eat for 2 days! I love food!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    never heard of this. may have to give it a go.