how do you log Insanity?

Any help on how to log insanity on MFP apart from as a circuit training??

Thanks

Replies

• DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Any help on how to log insanity on MFP apart from as a circuit training??

Thanks

I have about 4 friends doing it and they just use a heart rate monitor.....Might be worth the investment since you'll be doing it many weeks :)
  • dannyennis74
    dannyennis74 Posts: 34 Member
    Yep HRM , well worth the money, use mine along with insanity days :-)
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    I log it as "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" and log the minutes taken (so if the session is 47 mins, I assume maybe 10 of those are resting, and count warmup/activity/cool down. I don't know how accurate it is, though, to be honest.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    I create my own exercise and name each disc and use my HRM to fill in the time and cals burned.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    I create my own exercise and name each disc and use my HRM to fill in the time and cals burned.

This. There are many affordable HRMs out there, if you can afford Insanity you can afford a HRM. It's really the only way you will know how much you're burning. It varies a lot depending on how much you push yourself, some days on Pure Cardio I can burn 520, sometimes it's only 470, on Cardio recovery it's about 280, on Recovery week it's anywhere between 350-400, but that's for me, it will be different for everyone.
  • elfnumber2
    elfnumber2 Posts: 455 Member
    thanks for the imput... i will take a look at this i already use a HR monitor and log it as Circuit training i may take a look at other methods too! any other ideas keep them coming :-)