Help w/ chinese food calories....

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Hey guys....

I've seen the links before but can anyone lead me to a good calorie finder for chinese food...

today I had what i thought was a low cal lunch of chinese food (sodium not so good but ah well that's what water is for right:ohwell: )

I had watercrest w/ garlic

and moo shu (or moo shi...sorry I'm the worst speller! lol) chicken....it was delicioso btw! lol

hugs and thanks in advance!
Ali...not wanting to really know the sodium because I know I'll be in shock LOL

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    Hey guys....

I've seen the links before but can anyone lead me to a good calorie finder for chinese food...

today I had what i thought was a low cal lunch of chinese food (sodium not so good but ah well that's what water is for right:ohwell: )

I had watercrest w/ garlic

and moo shu (or moo shi...sorry I'm the worst speller! lol) chicken....it was delicioso btw! lol

hugs and thanks in advance!
    Ali...not wanting to really know the sodium because I know I'll be in shock LOL
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have heard that of all take-out food, chinese is the highest in calories. Try preparing it at home and you can probably cut it in half!

Hope you can find what you are looking for here!

http://www.calorieking.com.au/foods/calories-in-international-foods_c-Y2lkPTUwNzc0JmJpZD0yOSZzaWQ9LTEmcGFyPWh3Zg.html
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    Options
    I think most chinese food had a lot of calories because of all that oil they use..

So its not bad kind of fat (if its good oil) but they use a lot..

Dani
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Funny you should post this today!!!

I had a slurg day for lunch today. The girls and I had Chinese for lunch... and I was trying to figure out how I was going to log it in my dairy today.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Yikes... Splurge LOL
  • ali106
    Options
    thanks for the sites so far I can't find the stuff I had but I'm gonna keep trying....

the moo shi you can make it by sauting cole slaw mix (cabbage etc.) w/ a sauce like oyster....and then it comes w/ thin steamed pancakes....I had two...they are like two of the tortias, then the watercrest is just boiled and then sauted w/ garlic (its stringy greens btw) they don't look like they had much oil and when I look on the sites that serve them are always mentioned as low cal choices BUT who knows so I'm thinking around 500-600 cals in all and cha-ching for the sodium....lol....

Note to self...now that the sodium is creeping into my fingers....no more chinese food for lunch...not worth it! lol

hugs! and thanks guys!
    Ali
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have heard that of all take-out food, chinese is the highest in calories. Try preparing it at home and you can probably cut it in half!

http://www.calorieking.com.au/foods/calories-in-international-foods_c-Y2lkPTUwNzc0JmJpZD0yOSZzaWQ9LTEmcGFyPWh3Zg.html
    I think I would be really careful using this site As it says Satay with 2 Tbsp of sauce is sodium free. I have to question the accuracy there.
  • ali106
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had sodium free anything when it comes to chinese...and I'm all about the veggie and chow mein and steamed etc...its always salty....this is my wake up call I think...just say no! OR make it myself!:wink:
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    One of my Favorite and most beneficial sites on this journey has been Dotties weight loss zone. Now she is a Weight Watcher gal but dont let that throw you.

She has the most comprehensive list of calories and points for thousands of Restaurant's in the USA and Canada! :bigsmile:

If your going out to eat check her site and see if the place your going is listed. More then likely it will be, with a bevy of healthy choices to choose from the menue. Naturally there are unhealthy choices too.

If for some odd reason you cant find your restaurant... check out her food lists its bound to be there!

here is the link...

www.dwlz.com

I need more coffee!:drinker: (I'm not exlaining this as well as I could be.. LOL )
  • graypink0130
    Options
    forget the calories on this, check out the sodium content!!!
  • graypink0130
    Options
    forget the calories on this, check out the sodium content!!!
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    quote didnt work first time
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options

I think I would be really careful using this site As it says Satay with 2 Tbsp of sauce is sodium free. I have to question the accuracy there.

It doesnt say there isnt any sodium in it, it says (if you look a bit further down) that "a dash indicates that the information is unavailable."
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Calorie King is an awesome site!! I can add my voucher of it along to the millions of others whom have benefitted from it. :bigsmile:

( Talk about a run on sentence to bad I didnt burn any cals for it! :laugh: )