Pooch of doom.

Options
Just tell me it goes away. Its getting smaller, and that roll/shelf/apron/disgusting-destroyer-of-motivation is shrinking.... but C'MON!! It's all poufy.... sheesh... anybody finally make it leave?!? Even if I have to tuck the skin in bikini bottoms... fine, but does it ever get flat enough to do that? I'm waiting for an alien to bust out of it. Its destroying my motivation.

Replies

• mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you there. AND now I've lost weight the stretch marks actually show up more:noway: At least before I suppose the fat filled them up.

I was just thinking "hmmm. legs looking leaner then I caught sight of the big flabby belly above them.:sad:
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I know this is old... I just happened across it, and it, once again, made me feel like poop... seriously, nobody, huh?
  • mazdauk
    Options
    Maybe everyone else is too depressed.....:wink:
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i dont know if i have a pooch but i have a tummy that sticks out at the bottom but iv always had that lol, its going down with kettlebell circuits and leslie sansone 5 mile walks.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My pooch is slooowwwly getting smaller but there does not really seem an end in sight. Anyone have any magic pills, potion, wraps or something to share? LOL
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Make sure you that are moisturising all of your skin, but particularly that skin. Also make sure that you get in enough water. Hydrated skin bounces back better (and yes, I think some of the 'pooch' is just skin). According to your ticker, you still have 21 pounds. Unfortunately for you, you may lose the fat from that area last. So really focus in on fat loss (different from weight loss) and build strong muscles with heavy lifting.

If you want it to really look good in the next few weeks (summer is basically here now....bathing suit time! Aaaaaack!) then I would really focus on making sure your calorie choices are as clean as possible with lots of protein, moderate fats, lower (notice I didn't say low) carbs. Normally I'm all for the "if it fits in my calories, eat it" mentality, but for events or summer time, really focusing on your source of calories/make up of your calories can really improve the overall look of your body. Some of it is just a result of glycogen stores reducing/water reducing but if you are still getting carbs from fruit and whole grains, then you should still be okay.

Good luck! You will get rid of the "pooch" or at least reduce it as much as you can :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Mine has almost disappeared completely now. It happens when you least expect it, I had given up all hope I'd get rid of it and then boom, it started happening.

KEEP IT UP :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Mine has almost disappeared completely now. It happens when you least expect it, I had given up all hope I'd get rid of it and then boom, it started happening.

KEEP IT UP :)

Awwww a spark of hope! Thank you!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yeah the secret is your salt intake..most do not realize they are retaining fluids..the body holds water and fluids ...its your fake salt intake..cut a bit of salt everyday and watch the tummy go away..Interesting fact we can only lose about 2 pounds of fat every 6 weeks..what we are really losing is fluids..that the salt in your diet is retaining..this changed my life:)
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    OMG can I sympathize about the Pooch of Doom! (Great title by the way! Drew me right in.) I have lost over 100 pounds and that damned pooch is still hanging around (literally unfortunately...). I have taken up heavy lifting since the first of the year and do loads of other exercises and cardio...moisturize...its getting better, but still there... I feel like if I could just get rid of that I would be satisfied with where my body was just about, but I have come to the realization that this area of bad skin is just going to probably be my punishment for letting myself get so badly out of shape and a reminder of the person I used to be. It't not like I want to wear a bikini or anything, it would just be nice to not have that part of my body to be self conscious about. In short...I am in the same boat with the rest of you guys!
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Mine is still there but has slowly went away. I don't know when it fully does but keep going for it, that is what I am going to do!
  • mazdauk
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of processed foods, and don't add much salt in cooking (and none at the table) so looks like the smoked salmon is going to have to go.....:frown:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm working on mine too in hope that everyone is right - the pooch is the last memory an ex-fatty will carry around with them.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it.
    tumblr_m0e6glIZEn1qmghgno1_500_zps3199f5f3.gif

I've been trying to get rid of mine for months . . .
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    unfortunately that is a trouble zone for lots of us , i know its generally not what you want to hear, but its usually the last part to disappear,
    the old saw , you lose last where you first gained ...

its also called, ugh enough an "apron" because its a common mommy danger zone, i know its the part i most most most want gone too ..
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I loved the first Pooch of Doom movie but both of the sequels were awful.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Just to add, there really is no secret to getting rid of it.
    I do lots of cardio and also some body weight training and I eat low carb (although I do still eat carbs, some more days than others. But I try to have carbs in 1-2 meals out of my 3 meals a day as a maximum).
    Other than that, I eat lots of meat, eggs, fruit and veggies and I avoid most chocolate & sweets although I DO have days where I have one or two squares of chocolate or a cookie. I don't deny myself anything
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    slowly...very slowly.. but my pooch of doom has slowly started to decrease. Last week when i took my measurements, it went down an inch - :happy:
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    As some other folks have said, this seems to be the last area to go for most women. That said, I did see some improvement in mine last year. I lost about 15lb in about five months and there was a visible difference. Then I gained half of it back and the thing just poofed back up again. I'm losing slower this time and haven't noticed a change, but I'm only down 5-7lb at this point. My best advice is to take pictures and measurements. Seeing it every day can make it seem like it's not changing at all when really it is, even if only a little.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's slowly getting better but it's the last thing for me. That and boobs. I would love some shrinkage there too. I'm nothing but boobs and belly right now since everything else is firming up so nice. I have a thigh gap and ripped arms and a pooch. It's Hawt :P