Does anyone else get antsy/guilty if they miss gym sessions?

Options

Replies

• NorbertoM10
    Options
    You should kinda feel guilty but if you dont go just try to avoid fatty foods and do some exercise around your house.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i take off Sat/Sun, but otherwise haven't missed a day in ages.

On Wednesday this week, i not only added sprinting to my routine, but did about 5-6 hours heavy yardwork (digging, etc).

Yesterday, I only ran 3 miles, not my normal 6 do to extreme soreness and a hint of pain in one knee.

I'm still guilty about it, even though I know i'm being silly. I'm not concerned about the cals or anything like that, i just like to keep to a routine and don't want to make excuses.

So yes... even if i still exercised, even if i know i was being careful and cautious about my health, i feel bad if i miss anything.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The old me would have never said this, but....ABSOLUTELY. It's my me time. Productive me time. Gotta have it.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do, but I know a rest day or two are good for me... so if I get antsy I will just go for a walk or play outside with my son to get it out of my system. I still try to stay under my calories goal for my rest days, so I have to adjust my food intake accordingly.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If I'm not exercising I'm fidgeting like a crazy person. People think I'm spastic.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially this week since my trainer forced rest on me. Been going full tilt for months, injured Achilles (that is healing VERY slowly) and elevated cortisol forced me into rest this week – not good for the psyche. I’m SO glad I can return to the gym tomorrow!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I don't get ansy, I get freakin' angry!

I am one miserable b*tch when I don't go :/
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Yes, I feel like I should be doing something every time I am sitting around. Probably the biggest similarity between me and my dog (well other than the slobbering).
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I don't go to a gym. Prefer to workout at home. But I do feel as if I "should" be working out if I miss a workout. I'm not sure you'd call it guilt. But I feel like I'm cheating myself out of something I need. On the other hand, I know that rest and time off is every bit as important. So I do not begrudge myself a day of doing very little physical exercise if that's what I choose to do.

I think a lot of people, perhaps most who work out, do feel some form of guilt when they miss a workout. I don't think the gym has anything to do with it unless you're concerned about not getting your money's worth. Then I could see the guilt part. Paying for something and not using it is rather stupid. But people do it all the time when they buy useless exercise equipment, use it a few times and then never use it again.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Yea cause I've got nothing better to do :P
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes! Two days ago I pulled a muscle in my lower back in the middle of my work out, so I didn't get to finish my work out :grumble: and now I HAVE to take a few days off to let my back heal (I don't want to actually injure myself!) It is driving me crazy! I REALLY want to go!! I can't believe I'm even saying this considering that 6 months ago I would have been more than happy to just sit on my butt. :laugh: (I don't feel guilty just frustrated) Good luck everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I eat like a fat hog and sleep all day when I don't go to the gym, it's uncontrollable. Anything less than three gym days a week and I turn into a monster.

Though I think that might have something to do with the fact that I have mild chronic depression, and I naturally self-medicate with exercise. :tongue:
  • XMan714
    XMan714 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It has become a part of my lifestyle. It's just as regular as a 9 to 5 job.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I sure do and then I try to figure out ways I can still get a workout in at home but it never feels the same lol
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    I lierally get anxious,nervous, cranky, and pout, when I miss the gym
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Even when I am sick I get really anxious and guilty- like somehow I should have powered my way through it even if I throw up...its stupid but I do feel that way
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It's almost feeling like you haven't taken a shower in a few days.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It's almost feeling like you haven't taken a shower in a few days.

Are we not supposed to do that?
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Guilty? No.
    YES on the antsy. My big dog loves my restless, fidgety days. He knows a nice long walk is in his very near future.
  • Ninguneado73
    Ninguneado73 Posts: 832
    Options
    Whenever I miss one I try to figure out how to recover it. It gets too complicated but I try to make up for it without stressing myself. I don't feel guilty because I miss gym for reasons I can't help. But I do feel annoyed and anxious about it.