Losing the same 2lbs and regaining

Options
Hello people of MFP.

I´ve been using this site since September 2012 and have managed to lose 12 kilos (27lbs) so far. Since February, I´ve been yoyoing between 80.5 and 82 kilos. My measurements have reduced by 2cm in most places but the scale isn´t budging.

Now, I do regularly update my calories. I eat at tdee 15% (1600). There are some days I don´t log on MFP but still count. My diet is pretty standard. I don´t eat out, I almost always eat the same food, even on weekends. I drink alcohol probably once every 3 months or less. I work out a minimum of 3 times per week combining cardio and circuit weights/cardio. My job is lightly active and I never go more than 4 hours between meals.

Until recently, this has all worked. I was working out 6 times a week but because my hours have changed at work, (8am-10pm) It´s not feasible any longer. I´ve recently had a bout of gastric problems and I´m taking meds for reflux.

I don´t want to lose it quick or anything like that, It´d just be nice to see my progress reflected in the numbers, afterall, 4 months is a rather large amount of time to have lost a big fat 0!

Any suggestions? Calorie cycling... Lifting heavier... Currently I´m lifting between 20-30 kilos upper body and 50-60 kilos lower.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches (or cm!), who cares about the scale? :tongue: I went six months without losing anything on the scale, like you, I went between the same 2-3 lbs, up and down - but I lost inches and fat, and dropped a full pants size during that time. The scale doesn't always tell you the truth, and no one else knows what the scale says anyway. Smaller clothes, inches lost - that's what people can see, and is way better than a scale loss in my book.

Sounds like you're doing it right - just stick with it, take measurements and photos. :smile:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I do that too! While I was losing I didn't call it plateauing, I called it practicing maintenance :)
    Then I lost again after raising my caliries to just under TDEE. Now I just want to maintain and I know I can from all my practice.
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response AmyRhubarb and congrats on your progress!
    I know you´re right, I just feel like a cheat sometimes when people ask "how much have you lost?" and I say, ermm "nothing" ahhahaha!

Yep, I´m taking pics and I´m quite impressed with myself on that note! Still a long way off HOT but it´s progress! haha, thanks for the support!
  • lizjjam
    lizjjam Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do that too! While I was losing I didn't call it plateauing, I called it practicing maintenance :)
    Then I lost again after raising my caliries to just under TDEE. Now I just want to maintain and I know I can from all my practice.

That´s a brilliant mantra! I think I shall be stealing that!