How do you lose weight quickly without really being able to

Options
Hi!:smile: I'm really new at losing weight and I've only been on MFP since the end of March. :grumble: I've lost 11 lbs in 6 wks by limiting my calories 1200-1500, but I know i need exercise to lose fat..the only problem is that there are no gyms here and no sidewalks. I've been lifting 5 lb weights some days but I don't think that will really get me anywhere...I was thinking since my apartment is small that I should buy a yoga mat and do those little workouts they have on tv in the morning. I really wish I could get a treadmill or something but they're so expensive.:frown: Does anyone know any exercises that would be highly effective that you can do at home??:sad:

Replies

• sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    jump rope!

Look for the Spark People jump rope workout on youtube or on their website, it's about 10-11 minutes and you're just about the same weight as me and it burns approx 120-130 calories per 10 minutes
  • PrettyPrincess2011
    PrettyPrincess2011 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thats a good idea! Thanks!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    jillian michaels 30 min burn workouts are on youtube and they don't take much space
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    If you have a TV/VCR or DVD you can do Walk Away the Pounds (or similar... Leslie Sansone is the workout person there). I know that one doesn't take up much space at all. I am sure there are other exercise videos that don't take much space either... I"m not familiar with those yet! You can always to body-lifting exercises (situps, pushups) and some weight lifting with the 5 lb and move up from there. Jump rope also doesn't take much space!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Check out http://bodyrock.tv for some REALLY effective, intense workouts that you can do in a fairly small space with very minimal equipment.
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you're not on the second floor they have some walking in place videos, but even those can require a large living room. Try stair exercises, they stay in pretty much the same place. I like DDR but in my new apartment I'm on the second floor :(

And keep up your weight lifting! Toning is important too!
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wii - active, more active, fit plus, biggest loser....they will all kick your buttocks!!!
  • tigerlily2010
    Options
    I do Tae Bo before work every morning. You do not need a lot of room, and boy do the amp workouts make me sweat. I got the whole set plus amp bar for $20 on eBay.
  • PrettyPrincess2011
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys I'm going to check these out!
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Pilates! Pilates! Pilates! :) You will tighten, tone and loose weight and increase flexibility. Also, I swear by my weighted hula hoop. They are reasonably priced (you can purchase online) and they breakdown for easy storage. Anyone can keep up a weighted hoop...

Stability balls are great for floor exercises, but that doesn't really include the cardio... A lot of the "on demand" tv programs have free fitness channels that will have work out or exercise stations. For example...I have Comcast and I use the Comcast On Demand Exercise TV which has tons of free work out videos. Do you have anything similar? Netflix? Hmmm...

Good luck!
  • PrettyPrincess2011
    Options
    Oh yeah I do have that comcast on demand thingie lol, thanks a alot! Good luck to you too!
  • shannie_lou
    shannie_lou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk videos! They are awesome & she is really motivating & positive. She has walk/weight/resistance dvds also.

http://www.walkathome.com/

They are on Amazon too!
  • PrettyPrincess2011
    Options
    Thanks a bunch I'll check these out too!
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    When I started eating healthy again I lost 10 lbs each month for the first two months only with dietary change and walking. You don't need a gym or anything fancy.
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    I have an apartment and I do the Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" DVD. It kicks major butt and is only around 10 bucks!!
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Bump! Similar space issues here!
  • kimmie1013
    kimmie1013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Look for a used tread mill. Also there is arobic dvds. Hope it helps:smile:
  • onyxlibra7
    onyxlibra7 Posts: 93
    Options
    JILLIAN JILLIAN JILLIAN!! Lol And there's also a website called bodyrock.tv they have kick @** interval training girl...VERRRY effective...you'll see results fast especially with you not having much to lose. They also have a youtube channel as well..it's included on the site. =D Hope that helps!
  • PrettyPrincess2011
    Options
    Thanks a lot!!(=
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump

I live in the middle of know where and don't have access to a gym and get tired of walking/jogging all the time.