I am in ONE-derland!!!-Been over 10 yrs

Options
2»

Replies

• SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Super stoked for you, it can help you press on, when you hit onederland, cause you feel like finally oh finally some progress has been made!! :flowerforyou:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to ONE-derland sweetie! Put on your running shoes and stay forever! Congrats to you, your hard work worked!
  • SaraC1977
    SaraC1977 Posts: 51
    Options
    I had to get on that scale 3 times this morning!! I have been stuck for weeks and hadn't lost any weight since 4/5..Today I get on the scale and I am down 3.5 lbs which put me at 198.5. It has taken me almost 8 mnths to loose 29 lbs but I never gave up and continued to press on and LOOK where it got me. I am so happy this morning!! I have not been under 200 lbs in over 10 years!! I started MFP back on 9/25/12 at 227.5 and now I am at 198.5...There have been soooo many weeks in the past that I wanted to just give up but because of ALL of my MFP friends pressing me on that never happened. I am sooo glad I found MFP and if it takes me another 8 months to loose 29 more-I am in it to WIN it! My profile pic shows that it is sometimes not always about what the scale shows because there were several weeks I lost nada. PRESS on!!

Congratulations! You are a big inspiration to me. I am in the same boat as you. Started around the same time (8/2012) and have been a very slow loser. I've lost 36 pounds but most of it was from Aug 2012-Dec 2012. It's been very hard to lose from Jan-May. I had a 6 week period were I lost nothing even though I was training for races and running often. Even though I didn't lose any weight during that time, I really noticed my clothes getting looser and had some of them tailored to smaller sizes.

By the beginning of May, even those tailored pieces were too big. So, I finally splurged and bought a bunch of new clothes last weekend! Even though I get discouraged since so many of my friends are losing actually pounds and I'm not, I know in the back of my head that I'm shrinking. Even the fact that I can actually run 5K's now without stopping means I'm much more fit than a year ago...in which I could barely run a block. I am glad to hear your story and it motivates me more to not give up and keep going. I cannot wait to be in One-derland, as you say!! 19 more lbs to go!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Seriously awesome achievement! You should be so proud of all your hard work :) What a great way to jump start the weekend!
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Great job!!!! Keep it up!!
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know how you feel, I was stuck in the troublesome 2's for 16 years and once I broke free to one-derland it was magical! Now my goal is to never see a 2 on the scale again... not at night, fully clothed, shoes on or on a scale other than my own! lol

Way to stick with it, you inspired me to look past the numbers on the scale during this difficult (stuck) time right now.
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    Definitely can see the diff in the before and now pics!!! NEVER GIVE UP we are told. It works!!!
  • miabrown66
    miabrown66 Posts: 70
    Options
    Proud for you! It's so hard not to give up!:happy:
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Nice! Keep up the work !
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    way to go so happy for u
    ill be there next week i hope
  • CBoogie84
    CBoogie84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! This isn't a race to see who finishes first, it's a long continuous journey, so keep on keepin on!!
  • FITFAB402015
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!! Way to go!! That is such a huge accomplishment!!!! I hope you are planning some kind of reward for this milestone because you surely deserve it!! Great motivator for me as I have not seen ONE-derland in 13 years.
    Keep up the good work!!!!:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Keep up the great work, and continue to press!

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous ~lol~ I want to hit ONE-derland too!

Cheers!:drinker:
  • Courtney_0402
    Options
    Congratulations on getting below 200 pounds! It must feel amazing. I hope to get to your level. =)
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great JOB HON!!!!! I know how proud you must be...a job well done!!! Now, leave your coat at the door and stay a while!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I have never been happier in my life!! Finally doing something for ME! I have never been an inspiration to anyone and it feels great!!! I just think if I would have stopped, I wouldn't be where I am today. So grateful! :)
    I had to get on that scale 3 times this morning!! I have been stuck for weeks and hadn't lost any weight since 4/5..Today I get on the scale and I am down 3.5 lbs which put me at 198.5. It has taken me almost 8 mnths to loose 29 lbs but I never gave up and continued to press on and LOOK where it got me. I am so happy this morning!! I have not been under 200 lbs in over 10 years!! I started MFP back on 9/25/12 at 227.5 and now I am at 198.5...There have been soooo many weeks in the past that I wanted to just give up but because of ALL of my MFP friends pressing me on that never happened. I am sooo glad I found MFP and if it takes me another 8 months to loose 29 more-I am in it to WIN it! My profile pic shows that it is sometimes not always about what the scale shows because there were several weeks I lost nada. PRESS on!!

Congratulations! You are a big inspiration to me. I am in the same boat as you. Started around the same time (8/2012) and have been a very slow loser. I've lost 36 pounds but most of it was from Aug 2012-Dec 2012. It's been very hard to lose from Jan-May. I had a 6 week period were I lost nothing even though I was training for races and running often. Even though I didn't lose any weight during that time, I really noticed my clothes getting looser and had some of them tailored to smaller sizes.

By the beginning of May, even those tailored pieces were too big. So, I finally splurged and bought a bunch of new clothes last weekend! Even though I get discouraged since so many of my friends are losing actually pounds and I'm not, I know in the back of my head that I'm shrinking. Even the fact that I can actually run 5K's now without stopping means I'm much more fit than a year ago...in which I could barely run a block. I am glad to hear your story and it motivates me more to not give up and keep going. I cannot wait to be in One-derland, as you say!! 19 more lbs to go!
  • TT_luvs_fitness
    Options
    amazing job I knew you could do it!
  • myrnacopeland
    myrnacopeland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! and THANK YOU for sharing. I NEEDED this today. I've been doing this for 50 days and lost 19 lbs as of last Friday. When I weighed today I had GAINED 1 LB. I was disappointed, did NOT consider giving up, but have felt down all day. Then I read your post! I am so excited for you and encouraged by your determination. Thank you again for sharing this with us!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I am pleased!! It feels so good to inspire others!! Press ON girl that is all I can tell you because I almost gave up as I hadn't lost any weight since 4/5 & LOOK...I am down 3.5..You can do this!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS! and THANK YOU for sharing. I NEEDED this today. I've been doing this for 50 days and lost 19 lbs as of last Friday. When I weighed today I had GAINED 1 LB. I was disappointed, did NOT consider giving up, but have felt down all day. Then I read your post! I am so excited for you and encouraged by your determination. Thank you again for sharing this with us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!